Chapter 11

Mel

I don't know how long we had been there, probably hours, but eventually, we got tired. Dancing for so long and drinking like we were, was taking a toll. As the night wore on, it was getting tiresome having to shoo away male attention. Some guys took the hint quickly. Others... Not so much.

Finally, Lins was ready to call it a night. We all made our way outside, where Taylor called a cab. As she was on the phone, Lindsey's coworkers said goodbye. They had a ride service waiting for them. As did Stacy, Ali, and the other WAGs. We would have, but everyone was booked by the time we put in the request.

We told the other girls bye as Tay hung up her phone. "Cab can't get here for another hour."

"Shit!" I hear Lins say as she sways on her feet.

Tay and I grab her, holding her between us to keep her steady. "I'll call the guys and see if they can get a ride service from their location. They may have more available over there."

As she makes the call, more patrons are exiting the club. After a few minutes, Tay hangs up with a smile on her face. "The guys are coming to rescue us. They said they should be here in fifteen."

I nod, readjusting my hold on Lindsey. "Should we take her back inside until they get here?"

Lins starts shaking her head violently. "No! Too hot in there. I need air."

Taylor looks around for somewhere for us to sit. "Hey, back there. There's a bench. Let's get her over to it."

We slowly make our way to the bench, seated a little way down from the door. We stumble a few times in our heels as we get drunk Lindsey to the spot.

When we are safely planted in our seats, her head falls to my shoulder. "This waz so much fun, you guyz. So much fun. I love you guyz."

Tay and I chuckle as we tell Lins how much fun we had.

A few more minutes pass, and more patrons exit the building. A drunk group of guys stumbles out, laughing loudly as they walk our way. I avoid eye contact as they get closer.

My stomach drops as I hear one say, "Fuuuuk, look at that sett of hotties. Mmmm, bet we could show them a gud time."

Oh no!

I look at Tay, who's glaring daggers at the group. They come closer, smiling as their glazed-over eyes shamelessly roam our bodies.

One of the other guys smiles at Tay. "Hey, sexy. You down for a gud time?"

Tay's eyes narrow. "Not interested."

"Oh, come onnn. I can show you a funn time."

She firmly replies, "Not. Interested."

The group moves closer to us. A few more steps, and they'll be within arm's reach. My stomach flips.

This can't be happening. Shit!

As their feet keep moving, I hear Tay. "Hey! Back off! We're not interested!"

Just as the first guy reaches out toward my face, I hear a door slam. "Hey, asshole. Back the fuck off my girl!"

Lins stirs beside me. "Chase!"

I look up to see the best sight in the world- Liam, Chase, and T.J. stepping toward us. The group of drunks slowly back up. "We were jus lookin for sum fun."

T.J. looks ready to throw punches. "Yeah? Well, it's not gonna happen, mother fucker! Get the hell out of here!"

He reaches for Tay at the same time Chase pulls Lindsey into his arms.

The other group shares a nervous look before looking back at us.

One opens his mouth to say something but is cut off by Liam. "Don't even try it, jackass. Leave! Now!"

He steps protectively in front of me. As he does, the drunk jerks finally find sense and leave. When they're gone, Liam looks at me. "You okay?"

Unable to speak, I nod my head.

Chase's is the next voice I hear. "Let's go home."

The guys help us into the car- Tay heads for the back seat with me as Lins spills into one of the middle seats. The boys follow once we're all safe inside- T.J. comes to the back, pulling Tay onto his lap, Chase takes the seat next to Lins in the middle, and Liam goes to open the passenger door.

Before he can claim the seat, the driver stops him. "Hey, sorry, man. The seat belt is broken. Can't let anyone sit up here."

Liam nods, looking at the only empty seat next to me. Before he can debate it, Tay yells up to him, "Come on back, Liam! Mel won't bite!"

I gape at her, mortified, as he slowly makes his way toward us. He claims the middle spot, giving me a sympathetic look as he squishes close to me, trying to avoid the couple to his right.

Tay is pressed firmly against T.J., whose hand is slowly stroking the outside of her thigh- just underneath the bottom of her dress. Not wanting to look in their direction, Liam looks over at me.

To make things less awkward, I smile at him. "Thank you for coming to our rescue."

The tension in his shoulders seems to decrease at my words. "It's no problem, really. I'd come to your rescue anytime, Mel."

I feel myself blush as Liam's arm moves up behind me, trying to get more comfortable.

We don't talk for the remainder of the ride, but we exchange several shy glances. And I can't help but smile when I catch him looking at me. It's a nice feeling- carefree, flirty, easy. It may be the alcohol talking, but it's a feeling I wouldn't mind having more often.

~

Too soon, the car stops in front of our apartment building. We say bye to Chase and Lins as the four of us pile out of the vehicle. Liam takes my hand to help me out of the car. T.J. does the same for Tay before scooping her into his arms, carrying her inside, whispering in her ear as she giggles at whatever he's said.

I shake my head at the two, looking down shyly as we head inside. That's when I notice Liam is still holding my hand. I look up at him. He sees it too but makes no move to stop.

I blush again as we follow Tay and T.J., my hand still clasped firmly in Liam's. We stay that way until we're inside the apartment. Our roomies make their way immediately to their room, leaving Liam and me standing in the living room.

He smiles at me. "Goodnight, Mel."

Then, he picks up the hand he's been holding and brings it to his lips, kissing my skin sweetly. I'm still planted in place as he lets me go, disappearing into his room.

I move, finally, stuck in a daze, shutting my door behind me as I reach my bedroom. I removed my shoes and fell backward onto my bed, staring at the spot where Liam's lips touched my hand.

I stay like that until sleep finally claims me, still feeling the softness of him on my skin.  

A/N:

Thank you for taking the time to check out Left With Liam. If you are enjoying so far, don't be afraid to vote and/or comment and let me know :)

Every vote and comment helps elevate the story so others will be more likely to find it on Wattpad and hopefully enjoy it as much as you all have. I'll be back tomorrow with another chapter!

❤️