Chapter 45

Liam

Is this a dream?

If it is, I'm not ready to wake up.

I listen to Mel's soft breath as she snoozes peacefully, curled into my chest. As I watch her sleep, I brush my fingers over the corner of her eyes, feeling her delicate skin, patiently waiting until I can see those beautiful blues that have become my favorite color.

Her lips part slightly as she dreams away in my arms. It's tempting to press my own against her, but I kept her up late last night after returning from a long week on the road. Being away from her for any length of time makes our reunions fiery. Last night was no exception.

I smile at the memory, kissing the top of her head. The sound of Tay and T.J. shuffling around in the kitchen drifts into the room as I check the time. It's well after eleven, and I know I'll have to wake Mel up soon. We have lunch plans with Chase and Lindsey today, and thanks to our late-night activities, we've slept in longer than usual.

A sigh falls from Mel's lips as she starts to move, brushing her bare skin against me. The sensation sends a shiver down my spine, making me think inappropriate thoughts as my dick starts twitching. I don't think I'll ever get enough of her, but I know we won't make it to lunch if I start something now.

I close my eyes, taking a few deep breaths as I will myself to calm down. When I open them again, I see Mel watching me through heavy eyes. Her gaze drifts down my face as she wears a strange look.

My brows furrow as I ask, "Mel, what is it?"

Her eyes flit to mine as she answers with a shy smile. "I never knew a man could look so beautiful."

Her words take me by surprise as she places her palm against my cheek. "You take my breath away, Liam."

An airy laugh escapes me as I smile widely at her compliment. "If I take your breath away, then I'll just have to give you mine," I tell her, leaning in to capture her lips in a slow kiss.

I feel Mel's arms slide around my neck, pulling me closer as her tongue brushes against me, begging for entry. I happily oblige, letting myself get lost in her kiss.

Before we can get too carried away, a knock sounds on my door. "Hey, you two, don't start anything you can't finish in five minutes. The reservation is in half an hour. Time to get ready." Tay's footsteps fade away as she heads to her room after pulling Mel and me back to the present.

Mel laughs as I groan into her neck. I'm only half-joking when I wiggle my eyebrows and say, "You know, I could probably get us both to finish in five minutes."

Her laugh becomes louder as she playfully slaps my shoulder. "Let's go, Romeo. We'll pick this up later."

I roll off of Mel and slide out of bed with a dramatic huff. I start to get ready, keeping my eyes trained on Mel the entire time, letting myself memorize every inch of her body as she gets dressed.

So fucking perfect.

As she heads to the bathroom to do her makeup, I follow, leaning against the door frame so I can continue admiring her. She puts the finishing touches on her face, glancing back at me through the mirror with a smirk. "What is it?"

She puts the cap on her mascara and sets it down as I come up behind her, winding my arms around her waist. I press my lips to her ear and whisper, "You are absolutely gorgeous, babe. So crazy beautiful, I can't look away."

I hear her breathing hitch as her eyes flutter closed. "Liam, you're making it really hard to wait for later," she says breathily.

My smile grows against her skin, and I lightly peck her cheek. "Then, we better get going."

I take her hand, leading her to the living room where we meet Tay and T.J. before heading to the restaurant.

~

"I'm glad they came to their senses and cut him. That fucker doesn't deserve to play in the league," T.J. says halfway through lunch as the topic of conversation somehow landed on Tatum Charles.

I huff in agreement, "Yeah, or any other league for that matter. He's a disgrace to the game."

After our game against Calgary, we found out that they cut Tatum from the team. I guess they finally got tired of his bullshit. I doubt that any other teams will be willing to pick him up with his reputation.

Taylor makes a face as her nose scrunches. "Ug. Can we talk about something happier, please? There's no reason to give that douchebag anymore of our time or energy."

Mel nods in agreement, and I almost miss the look Lins sends Chase. He smiles at her before grabbing her hand and placing a kiss on her knuckles.

He gives her a slight nod before she clears her throat, catching everyone else's attention. "We have some news."

All eyes turn to the newlyweds as they start beaming at each other.

"Well? What is it?" Tay demands, looking excitedly between the two lovebirds.

Chase wraps his arm around Lins as she tells us, "I'm pregnant!"

My eyes shoot wide as two loud squeals come from Taylor and Mel. They both hop to their feet and sandwich Lins and Chase in a giant hug, exclaiming how happy they are for them.

When the girls set them free, T.J. and I stand to congratulate the parents to be. "Congrats! I'm so happy for you two," T.J. says, giving them each a quick hug.

I shake Chase's hand and pull him in, slapping him on the back as I shake my head. "Holy shit, man. I'm gonna be an uncle."

Chase laughs as I pull my sister in for a hug. "Yeah, we were planning on waiting, but mother nature had other plans."

I look at Lins. "Do mom and dad know yet?"

She nods. "We told them last night on video chat. Mom didn't stop crying for the rest of the call."

I chuckled, knowing my mom would be over the moon at the news.

For the rest of lunch, Chase and Lins fielded questions from the girls about their news and told us how they planned to announce everything to the team. It was easy to see the joy in their eyes as they talked about their growing family.

Everyone was glowing at the news. At one point, I zoned out as I watched Mel talking to Lindsey about the pregnancy. I couldn't help but think about our future. A secret smile crept onto my face as a thought crossed my mind.

Someday.

Someday, that will be us.

And I knew in my heart that it was true.