𝟎𝟖 - 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑫𝑬𝑽𝑰𝑨𝑵𝑻

"𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈 𝐚𝐦 𝐧𝐨 𝐝𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐫𝐨𝐢𝐝."

☾ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐀𝐍𝐓☽

☾ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐀𝐍𝐓☽

𝐅𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐎𝐌:

﹄detroit: become human

𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊:

﹄breaking code

﹄error

𝐍𝐀𝐌𝐄(𝐒):

﹄DX642

﹄(y/N) sinclair

﹄audrey sinclair

𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐄-𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐌:

﹄sabrina carpenter

𝐀𝐆𝐄:

﹄5 years physically

﹄25 mentally/emotionally

𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐘:

﹄audrey DX642 was the first android ever created by elijah kamski. not intending to market his invention to the public, he modeled audrey after an old friend of his and created her with the ability to mime human emotion. she was first and foremost his personal companion. 

﹄audrey developed a personality and other humanistic traits like empathy, compassion, pain, and individual thoughts/opinions. when she learned of kamski's plans to create androids en masse with the intention of selling them as household servants and laborers, she revolted and called him out on it.

﹄afraid that her empathy would be the downfall of his company, kamski washes her memory chip and replaces it with false memories before selling her to richard sinclair, a famous poet in the detroit community.

﹄richard's intentions behind purchasing audrey were a little less than good. ten years prior, he lost his wife and daughter, julia, in a fatal car accident. when at a dinner party at kamski's, he noticed audrey serving guests and realized that she significantly resembled his late daughter, prompting him to purchase her no questions asked. 

﹄it only takes a few months for richard to start making sexual advancements toward audrey. when she refuses, outing herself as a deviant, he attacks her physically before having her memory chip wiped once more. this makes him feel immeasurably guilty and he ceases pursuing her altogether. 

﹄because of his connections in the art community, he and audrey frequently visit carl manfred and his personal android, markus. it is carl's intention for audrey to turn markus deviant without richard's permission, which, as we see, eventually works.