𝟏𝟐 - 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑯𝑶𝑳𝑳𝒀𝑾𝑶𝑶𝑫 𝑺𝑻𝑨𝑹 ✰

"𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐝𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐟𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐦𝐞 𝐚 𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐜𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐜?"

☾ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐘𝐖𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑 ☽

𝐅𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐎𝐌:

﹄elvis (2022)

𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊:

﹄what a lovely way to burn (unpublished)

﹄crimes of lust and perversion (unpublished)

﹄dollhouse (unpublished)

𝐍𝐀𝐌𝐄(𝐒):

﹄(y/n) channing

﹄catherine 'kitty' channing

𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐄-𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐌:

﹄sharon tate

𝐀𝐆𝐄:

﹄19

𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐘:

﹄kitty's life of stardom begins at the age of 16 when she is forced to move from memphis to los angeles on account of her parent's sudden divorce. her mother enters her into a beauty pageant for the chance to win some money and while she does not win, she is discovered by a modeling agency and is quickly thrust into the lifestyle of a model in the early 1950's. 

﹄meanwhile, back in memphis, a young elvis presley mourns the moving away of his childhood best friend, following her career supportively from afar. the two exchange letters well into their teenage years and following his musical debute.

﹄around the same time, the colonel and kitty's mother decide that image is more important than childhood fantasy and the letters come to an abrupt stop on both ends. kitty must focus on her budding career just as elvis must keep up the appearance of availability. 

﹄ever since kitty's departure, elvis had the dream of becoming a hollywood actor and following her to los angeles so the two could reunite. the colonel inevitably takes advantage of this dream in order to make money off of elvis's musical talent. 

﹄when the two finally reunite in the early 1960's, completely by chance, they immediately begin catching up on the life they could have had if only the world hadn't gotten in the way. 

﹄realizing how negatively the industry impacted her, elvis sparks a new determination to keep her safe from the public eye. this is part of the reason he steals her away to las vegas during his residency at the international hotel.