𝟏𝟔 - 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑺𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑬𝑹

"𝐈𝐟 𝐛𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐥, 𝐢𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐡 𝐢𝐭?"

☾ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐄𝐑 ☽

𝐅𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐎𝐌:

﹄the devil all the time (2019)

𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊:

﹄requiem

𝐍𝐀𝐌𝐄(𝐒):

﹄(y/n) amién newhart

﹄adelaide 'addy' amién newhart

𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐄-𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐌:

﹄saoirse ronan

𝐀𝐆𝐄:

﹄16

𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐘:

﹄christina newhart, a devote southern catholic, volunteers into a nursing program stationed in the south of france near the end of the second world war. this is in part to get away from her overbearing family. while there, she meets and befriends a french soldier named amién who later saves her life by guarding her from an explosive. 

﹄amién dies in combat on the beaches of normandy around the same time that christina is sent home on account of her pregnancy. afraid of facing her family, she never returns to virginia and instead starts a life of her own in detroit, michigan. while she never learns the true identity of adelaide's father, she always suspected that it was the soldier who saved her life. 

﹄grieving over the death of amién, christina swears off religion and raises adelaide impartial to christianity. thinking that she is acting in her daughter's best interest, this decision becomes critical when the detroit riots break out and she has no choice but to move her and her daughter back to the one place she ever needed to escape from.