Chapter 33 - Homecoming

My mother was an absolute genius.

I can't stop beaming as I twirl around in front of the mirror. The navy blue dress swishes as I do, the soft silk wrapping around my legs before flaring out again. The dress had a V neckline that was modest enough for a school ball and bedazzled slightly with small intricate beadwork. Around my waist line the material was cinched and held together with a thick silver ribbon that accentuated my curves. The dress itself ended a few inches below my knees.

But what really topped the dress off was the simple bun my mum had made, adding a few sparkly bobby pins to hold stray curls in place. She had even let me borrow her sapphire necklace that dad had gifted her on their last anniversary. It was a simple heart shaped pendant on a delicate silver chain but I absolutely loved it.

As for the make-up side of things, she had kept it minimal. Adding a light brush of pale blue eye-shadow, some mascara and a hint of rogue. Topped off with a cherry red lipstick and I was ready to go.

I rush down stairs, thankful for my one inch high, square heeled shoes. Now, these I could walk in. My brothers were already dressed in their suits looking very handsome, who knew they could clean up so well?

"Well, well, well look at you two all dressed up. You look so cute" I grin and pull James' cheeks causing him to scowl. Laughing I move towards Ethan to do the same but with my height disadvantage and his refusal to let me anywhere near his cheeks, the task was close to impossible.

"Okay! That's enough don't you have a certain bad boy to wait for?" Ethan teases as he captures my hands and smirks. I can feel my cheeks heat up and by his chuckles I know that he's seen me blushing.

With a kiss on the cheek from both my brothers I watch them head off to collect their dates, Ethan chaperoning James. With my two brothers gone my mom can finally start squealing, a gigantic beam on her face as she click a picture of me.

"Look at you! My gorgeous little girl, you're going to give that boyfriend of your's a heart attack!" I laugh lightly at that shaking my head but her excitement is contagious. Soon, I find myself striking silly poses, the two if us giggling uncontrollably.

By the time the doorbell rings my mom has enough pictures to last her a lifetime. I shuffle nervously as she gets the door, once she's out of sight I pull out my pocket mirror and fuss over my hair.

When I walk into the hallway I almost get a heart attack. Ashton was standing talking to my mom dressed in a smart navy blue tux. His normally messy hair was combed to the side a few curls hanging over his eyes.

He could do with a haircut, I muse as I walk towards them. When he notices my arrival his grey eyes widen in shock and his jaw slackens.

My mom hides a smug grin as she drags me next to him, taking a quick picture.

I can feel the heat radiate off him from my left and as my mum instructs us to pull different poses I feel an uncomfortable tension creep up on us. As his arms wrap around my waist I can feel my heart thud painfully against my rib cage, and my cheeks feel incredibly warm.

"Mrs Storm would you mind sending an extra copy of those pictures to my parents? They're kinda annoyed that I said no earlier" he scratches the back of his head adorably and I grin as my mom nods in affirmation.