Chapter 36 - The Truth

This will be a mix of POVS symbolised by the ///

Lana and the girls had built a small stake-out station outside Justine's house, having followed her here from the dance. They had alternately gone back home to change into something comfortable and were now sitting in two separate cars waiting for any flicker of movement from the red mustang. 

She was their only lead right now, the boys had quit the search a few minutes ago. The closer the clock approached twelve the harder it became to look for any potential clues. Now it was up to them to go home and rest, they will restart the search early in the morning. 

It wasn't until early the next morning that the girls noticed Justine again. The sun had just risen over the city when she reversed out of her driveway, a pair of sunglasses on her face.

"Looks like we're going on a road trip girls" Lana mutters as she pulls out behind her car, keeping a safe distance away.

 ///

"Let's hope Miss Richards pays up Isabelle or you won't live long enough to go to your highschool prom" Jimmy sneers, as he places his phone back into his jeans.

The two kidnappers talk amongst themselves jovially before slamming the door to the pool-house I was in. The fear that I felt a few minutes ago was now ten times worse and I only had one person to blame for the predicament I was in. Calling Justine all kinds of names in my head wasn't helping things at all especially knowing that without her paying the ransom I wasn't going to be going anywhere but the afterworld. 

I was scared, even though the men hadn't physically hurt me yet I didn't want to give them the opportunity to. Now that they had gone I was left free to escape the bindings they had placed me in. They made this look so much easier in spy movies. 

Oh god, please get me out of this mess quickly.

///

"Where do you think Cruella de Ville keeps her victims?" Madeline asks bitterness heavy in her tone. They had been following Justine for a good few hours now and apart from meeting her gaggle of idiots she had done nothing suspicious. 

"Probably with her mass collection of voodoo dolls and stolen kids toys" Juliette grumbles the tension slightly breaking as the three girls break out into laughter at the image.

It doesn't take long before they sober up though, their eyebrows drawing together as they see Justine pulling off the main road to a small street leading towards the privately owned beach houses bordering the lake.

"Why isn't she heading home?" Lana mutters to herself as she increases the distance between the two cars.

"Last time I checked the Richards only use this place in the summer..." Madeline trails off, her eyes lighting up with hope.

"Juliette start taking pictures of her number plate, Madeline call the boys and get them down here we have a kidnapper to catch"

///

Waking up  at dawn was not ideal. But then again, neither was sleeping in a chair in a pool house because now I have a massive crick in my neck and I was not a happy girl right now. I try to figure out what woke me up when I hear it. The sound of clicking heels. I knew who it was immediately. I twist my head slightly to see Justine having a heated conversation with the men before handing over a large wad of cash.

"Nice doing business with you Miss Richards" Baldy smirks before walking away. 

"You know the next time-"

"Oh just get out of my house bastard!" Justine spits at Jimmy the familiar venom in her tone comforting in a strange way. And yet, even I could tell that she was scared out of her wits. It was the way her eyes darted around the place never looking Jimmy in the eye.

He didn't seem to take it personally though, as he only laughs it off.  The minute he's gone Justine visibly relaxes, that is until I clear my throat. 

"Yeah, yeah I haven't forgotten about you, you little twerp" she mutters, pulling at the ropes holding me to the chair.

"I wouldn't talk like that to the one person between you and jail" I hiss barely restraining two years o anger inside me.

"And I would be very careful on what I say to the person untying me" she hisses right back, her nail 'accidently' scratching the inside of my wrist. I hiss in pain but don't say anything. I'll save the curse words for when I'm free to tackle to her ground and able to pull out her stupid red hair.

The minute the last knot is untied I leap out of my chair and turn to her. Wariness enters her eyes as she crosses her arms. 

"You little bitch" I growl taking a step closer to her with every word.

"Aww look at little Isabelle all grown up now and using big words. What's the matter? Did the little girl not get her nap time today?" she smirks knowing that the baby voice only pissed me off further. Huh, we'll see who's smirking when I pull a ball of hair out of your scalp. You, Justine Richards, are going to pay for everything you've done over the years.  

"You know, I always knew you were after Brad. It must have killed you to know that Brad didn't give a damn about you. Becuase he loved me. Not that your ego could take it. What happend Justine? You look a little mad...does the truth hurt?" A cruel smile plays on my lips but I don't stop. It's about time I let this all out.

"First you get him to dump me...I still don't know how. Then you do whatever it takes to make sure he never comes running back to me. But that wasn't enough was it? You can't bear to see other's happy because you are a insecure, vindictive and manipulative bitch. For goodness sake you got me freaking kidnapped! You need a reality check, a pretty strong one if you are willing to go to jail for some petty high-school crush"

"Brad is not a CRUSH!" she shouts, her eyes blazing with fury. "I love him. I always have. But he can't see that because he still freaking loves you. Oh don't look at me like that Isabelle, you think you're the only one who can fall in love?!" she hisses ignoring the tears running down her face, I merely watch amazed as she starts ranting.

"He never once looked my way. The two of us are destined for each other, our parents are co-partners of the new business. We run in the same social circles, we would make a great team. But you, you ruined everything! You put some spell over him and it was all Isabelle this and Isabelle that" she runs a hand through her hair, laughing bitterly. 

"I thought that once he and I were a couple he'd see me, my good side. But he didn't. Do you know how many guys I had to go through trying to get a reaction out of him? Any reaction at all?! He didn't even blink when he found out guys were interested in me, when he found out that I was cheating. Our relationship is just some play he has to carry out for the sake of his father. So yeah, Isabelle I don't freaking want to see you happy"

She breaks down into tears and all I can do is watch awkwardly as I try to comprehend the iron clad head cheerleader crumble into a vulnerable, defenceless girl in front of my very eyes. And as if that wasn't enough all hell broke loose when the police barged in...

*************************************************************************************

Published on (7/7/15) 

A double update :) So I realised while reading this there are so many things that I want added in before I end this book but there is no place to put it in now so maybe once I finish this I will go back and edit/rewrite. 

By the way who would be interested in a spin off about Brad? I mean I have other stories I want to write after LO but I wouldn't mind considering a spin off.