Chapter 26 - Ashton: The New Jack Frost

Chapter 26

Ashton: The New Jack Frost

The car door slams with a loud thud as Ashton walks out, leaving Juliette and I in the backseat with amused looks on our faces.

"Exactly what did you say to him that got him this riled up?" Juliette asks as we walk inside, lowering her voice as Ashton walks up the stairs in front of us.

Once he's out of sight she gapes, "Holy crap! He's actually angry enough to leave his TV spot, this must be serious" 

I scoff as I stare at her, "You're joking right?".

"No, why would I joke about something as stupid as that? Seriously though, Isabelle what happened?"

"The jerk basically told me to stay away from Brad, I'm freaking worried about his health and what does Ashton say? 'Stay away from him Isabelle'" I mimic Ashton's deep voice and Juliette laughs, shaking her head.

"Aw come on Izzy, you know he only said that because he's jealous. You know that" I shake my head vehemently, even though I had called Ashton jealous earlier I didn't actually mean it. I mean, for him to be jealous there would have to be real feelings involved and that was most definitely not the case here.

I mean why would he like me? We were forced to date as a form of revenge on Justine and besides, I love annoying the hell out of him. When I tell Juliette this she simply shakes her head a sly smile on her face.

"I'll let the two of you figure this one out by yourselves"

Sometime later in the evening Juliette gets started on her homework and I take that as my cue to leave so I walk up the stairs to Ashton's room hoping that he could give me a ride back home. I knock on the door and here his gruff  'come in' as I push it open getting ready to ask him when...

I almost choke on air.

There, lying on the ground doing push-ups was a half naked Ashton. Judging by his heaving breaths and the sweat lining his forehead and back he had been at it for awhile. It took an incredible lot of effort to wrench my eyes away from his flexing muscles and to focus on what I came here to do. Though I got to say, Ashton's muscular back was way too distracting and I found my gaze drifting back to him every few seconds.

"Uh, Ashton?" I ask when I finally work up the nerve to interrupt him, I had been so busy admiring his muscles I'd failed to notice that he was cursing under his breath. Jeez, did I really make him that angry?

Apparently I did because when he hears my voice he stumbles and falls flat on his chest, his arms collapsing as he mutters another loud curse.

"What the hell are you doing up here? Got bored of talking about Brad's dreamy eyes with Juliette?" He snaps getting up from the floor and throwing me a scathing look before turning his back on me.

"You think Brad's eyes are dreamy?" I blurt out by mistake, slapping my hand over my mouth as Ashton whips around absolutely furious.

"When the hell did I say that?" He storms up to me and the whole 'glaring and being half-naked' thing he was doing really wasn't helping me concentrate. Especially now, that he was standing only a foot away. It was a struggle to keep my eyes on his and not on the six pack I caught a glimpse of earlier. I almost wanted to beg him to put a shirt on but at the same time...I was kind of enjoying the view.

"Just now-" I take a step back but he swallows the gap I just created, taking two steps closer to me. I get a sense of déjà vu, remembering the same thing happening a few weeks ago in my bedroom.