Chapter 23 - A Bonding Session?

The minute those words leave my lips I freeze, regretting my decision to open my mouth in the first place. Why couldn't I be a good little girl and keep my mouth shut? Ethan's eyebrows are furrowed in confusion and slight anger as he looks at me from the corner of his eyes.

"What plan?" Ethan asks when he realizes I'm not going to continue speaking. I'm going to have a wild guess and say that he's panicking right about now. I mean I have no concrete evidence but the fact that he is staring at me with wide eyes and his voice sounds particularily high.  But that could be down to anything really. The minute the car is parked in the garage, Ethan spins around to face me with narrowed eyes. Oh boy, I'm really in for it now.  

"Plan? What plan?" I laugh nervously slowly inching myself closer to the door with my bag in hand, I fumble around for the handle and when I find it I bolt out of the car. I don't bother to slam the door behind me as I run inside the house fully aware that Ethan was hot on my heels. There was a dull ache in my legs from running earlier on and my head throbbed thanks to Felicity's hair pulling tendencies but I didn't let that stop me.  

 I mutter curses on my way up the stairs as my stomach aches from the punches I recieved earlier, I shouldn't have opened my stupid mouth. The others were going to kill me when they find out that I almost spilled the plan to one of the jocks (despite the fact that he's my brother). Too busy with my thoughts, I almost run into my dad in the upstairs hallway and mutter a quick apology.

"Twins! What are you doing?" my dad shouts after us and Ethan and I both shout simultaneously.

"Nothing!"
"She's hiding something!"

I run into my room planning on closing and locking the door behind me. Except the minute I try to close the door Ethan tries to open it and seeing that he was a football player he won. His bodyweight sent me tumbling to the floor and I let out a small groan. My sore back just added to my list of injuries as Ethan pulls me to my feet, muttering a quick apology. 

Ethan is soon distracted by something behind me and I turn my head only to have my eyes bug out in shock. There, sleeping soundly was Ashton who was perched on my window seat his head resting against the window.

"What the hell is he doing in your room?!" Ethan shouts looking over at me and I gape trying to come up with a possible explanation. All our shouting hadn't woken Ashton up, funnily enough but it had grabbed the attention of our dad who came storming up to us a while later.

"Would the two of you please stop shouting, I do not want to spend my day off breaking up your silly fights!" He places his hands on his hips and surveys the room catching sight of Ashton and smiling lightly.

"As for Mr Knight's presence, he came here a couple of hours ago wanting to see Isabelle. I, being her dad made sure he was good enough for my daughter before sending him up here to wait for her. So you can wipe the scowl off your face boy"

My dad looks between the two of us but I'm still too busy processing through everything he said. I know there was something about 'being good enough for his daughter' ...my eyes widen with shock when I realize that my dad gave the 'protective dad' speech to Ashton.

"Dad! Are you trying to embarrass me?!" I whine while Ethan complains about not being there to see Ashton squirm.

"Don't Dad me young lady! If the boy hadn't mentioned he was your boyfriend I would've never known, it's a good thing I had a day off today. A day off that is currently being ruined by your arguing"

I know he was trying to be strict and everything but I swear I saw a twinkle in his eyes as he mentioned the word 'boyfriend'. Unbelievable. My dad lectures Ethan some more and he soon storms off with a scowl on his face.