Epilogue

I put away the last of my books, standing up from my crouching position so that I could stretch my sore muscles. When I first planned to move out and shift into my own apartment with Ashton I may have underestimated the amount of work required to not only move our stuff in but to get the apartment in working condition. The two of us had already been saving money to buy our own apartment since high-school so that wasn't an issue but finding a place that the both of us loved was next to impossible. It seemed that whatever I like was an automatic dislike for him and vice versa. I could've sworn that I was seconds away from dumping the idiot when we finally found this place.

It was perfect, located on the outskirts of the city. It wasn't too far from college or our parents' homes which was an added bonus. Plus it had this beautiful balcony, two rooms and a spacious kitchen that I was in love with. Looking around the room again, I grin triumphantly. The walls were initially a bright pink, which the two of us thought was an eye-sore. Thankfully we had painted it a nice blue over the weekend and it really tied the room together. Ashton's painting of me from our first Christmas hung on the wall next to his collection of sketches. There were a few photo frames with photos of us, friends and family littering the whole apartment but I had  saved a few of my favourites to decorate our bedroom wall with. 

It was crazy to think that four years ago I was planning on living as far from Lakeview City as possible and now I had bought my very own apartment with my long-term boyfriend. It's hard to believe that this city was the very one where I spent most of my time being traumatized by Justine, pushed aside like a stray thing. But things had looked up, my relationship with Ethan had mended, Justine and her family had moved away after she had served her community service and I was happy. What more could I want?

I smile, heading towards the shower when the devil himself walks in.

"Phew, that was tiring as hell" Ashton flops down on the newly made bed, his legs dangling off the edge and I narrow my eyes at him.

"I didn't realise watching football games required so much energy" I respond sarcastically walking towards the en-suite door.

He raises his head from the bed lazily giving me a slow smirk "Aw, did someone wake up on the wrong side of the bed today?"

"No, someone didn't get to sleep at all because their damn boyfriend was snoring the whole night" I hiss slamming the door in his face when he starts howling with laughter.

"Aww come on Belle, I'm sorry. I promise I won't get drunk and snore again" he pleads from the other side of the door and I roll my eyes. Four years with the guy and I had perfected the art of tuning him out and giving him the silent treatment. It was amazing how annoyed he'd get at both actions.

Half an hour later I was out of the shower, feeling warm and sleepy. I'm pretty sure my eyes fell shut the minute I hit the mattress because when I woke up the sun was rising and Ashton was sleeping peacefully next to me. 

Sluggishly I make my way to the bathroom, going through the usual morning routine before heading to the kitchen. The last batch of french toast was almost done when Ashton hobbles into the kitchen, shirtless and absolutely gorgeous. 

I don't think I'll ever get used to this sight in the morning. I pull my eyes way from my boyfriend's distracting physique and plate up breakfast, trying hard not to blush when he wraps his arms around my waist and nuzzles my neck.

"Morning" he mumbles, kissing my cheek.

"Morning" I whisper, quickly moving out of his arms and taking a seat at the counter. It was never a good idea to stay in his arms too long, I often found myself blushing like a school girl and turning into a mushy pile of goo. And I wanted to avoid both situations this morning.