Chapter 3: The Starting Line to Passing

~Gates of Battle Center B~
*Narrator POV*

The hallowed grounds of UA
The school with the best hero training course in the world, the place every kid wants to go.
Sure, there are other hero programs, but they don't hold a candle to UA's, which is why it's impossible to get in.
The school's alumni list is a "who's who" of idols...

All Might, the most famous pro there is.

The legendary peacekeeper, with the most wins under his belt...
The Fiery Hero: Endeavor.

Not to mention the denim-clad, award-winning marvel...
Best Jeanist.

Graduating from UA is basically a requirement if one wants to become a great hero.

At the gate entrance of UA's Battle Center B, everyone that is attending the exam waits for the gates to open. Most were anxious, nervous, or just getting excited for the final part of the exam to begin. In the near back, Izuku Midoriya, the ninth user of One For All, stands in the back as he shakes with anxiety and feeling nervous. Izuku had a brief flashback to Present Mic's instructions regarding the Combat Exam.

~Flashback~

"Like your application said, you rock'n boys and girls will be out there conducting ten-minute mock battles in super-hip settings," Present Mic tells the crowd. "Okay, okay, let's check out the targets. There are three types of faux villains in every battle center. You'll earn points based on their level of difficulty, so better choose wisely. Your goal in this trial is to use your Quirk to raise your score by shredding these faux villains like a mid-song guitar solo."

~End of Flashback~

After the brief flashback, Izuku gulps while calming his nerves, for a time.

"Okay, this is it. A mock battle," Izuku says as he looks at the other contenders for the exam and none of them seem nervous, well to the untrained eye that is. "How come none of these guys seem nervous at all? Are they that confident? Oh... Some of them even have special gear... Huh?"

As Izuku looked around until he saw the girl who helped him earlier, Ochaco Uraraka.

"Hey, it's her!" Izuku thought as he had a brief flashback to earlier. "The nice girl I met at the school gates! The one that kept me from falling. I should probably thank her for helping me back there."

Izuku was walking, or should we say "stiff-walking," towards Uraraka until Izuku felt a hand on his shoulder.

"Huh?" Izuku thought as he turned towards the owner to find Tenya Iida, who called Izuku out during the written portion of the exam. Izuku yelps as he fears another scolding. "He's here too?!"

"She looks like she's trying to focus on the trials ahead," Iida tells Izuku while the two looked at Uraraka as she tries to calm herself before the exam. "What are you going to do? Distract her and ruin chances to succeed?" 

"No, no, no, of course not! I..." Izuku tries to tell Iida his reason, but the other contenders watch the two.

"Hey, over there," One of the contenders spoke. "That's the guy who almost bit it out front earlier. He basically wet himself in the lecture hall."

"Dude, what a loser." Another with red hair said and before another word gets said, the same feeling everyone had during the written exam came back with more power than before. "Dude... What is this I'm feeling?"