CH. 2

It was around the second half of 2019, when entering politics came into Sandro's mind.

Just like his Apo Lakay, his dad, his kasinsin Govt. Matthew, his tita Imee, and Mommy Imelda, he also wants to try serving the taong bayan.

Seeing his dad's happy face when helping others envies him. Besides, politics is what he took for his degree.

It would be a waste of time if he pursue other roles in life, sabi niya.

"Being a politician is hard, son, you know that. Fate has been harshed on us on this lifetime."

Sandro and his Dad are currently on their villa's balcony, having a deep serious conversation between them.

"I know, Dad. Kaya nga I want to prove them wrong. You already told me na 'Performance is the best equalizer', that is why I only need to prove them na mali ang lahat ng inaakala nila patungkol sa'tin."

Bongbong could only sigh. He knows his sons best, and he also knows how thick headed they are. Guess it runs from the family. "Well, if that's what you want, who am I to disagree?"

"Sa bagay, may mga supporters ka na naman even before the election starts, that's good for you anak, you won't have to go through hell like me."

And again, Sandro feels pity for his dad.

For his family.

For family Marcos.

They greatly don't deserve this, the hatreds thrown at them. Only if they know the whole truth behind everything.

Hindi na sana umiiyak ang kanyang mommy Meldy, kanyang tatay and titas 'til now.

Of course, people were blinded by the paid medias as it was what they see everyday, so he couldn't blame them too.

"You know, Paps, don't you have any thoughts to run for any position for this coming election?" Sandro couldn't helped but asked.

He knows how devasted his dad was when the result of the 2016 Philippines Election came out. His Dad was clearly ahead of the other candidates pero nung nag blackout lang ng saglit, additional 200k+ na sa kabila? Like how is that even possible?

His father was robbed and although they want to protest, hindi na lang nila tinuloy. Because they know that God knows what was real and what was not.

"Naku, anak. Kahit naman na gusto ko, magagalit lang ang sambayanan."

"But what about the people who trusts you? Who needs you? May nakikita pa akong nagpro-protest sa iba't-ibang lugar na you deserve a position in the government daw."

"I can just help them even without a position, Sand. A person don't need position to helped those who are in need."

This is the one and only thing that he hates from his father. He's way too good! Inaapi na nga siya and yet, his concern is still focused on those people na ayaw sa kanya.

"Tama nga naman."

Nilapitan niya ang kanyang ama na alam niyang naaalala na naman ang kanyang lolo na si Apo Lakay.

"Paps! Kuya Sandro! Here you are, guys! Mom is done preparing dinner!" biglang sulpot mula kung saan-saan ni Vincent na siyang ikinagulat ng daddy nila.

"Vinny! You always surprised me, my son!" Bongbong exasperated, holding his left chest to check how fast his heart is beating inside his ribs.

Pinipigilan naman ni Sandro ang pagtawa habang naglalakad papunta kay Vincent.

"Tama na muna ang drama, misters. Our queen is waiting, and I bet you don't wanna anger her at all." pagbiro ni Vincent at pumagitna sa dalawang mas matanda sa kanya upang akbayan sila.

"I swear, Dad, when I left for U.K., hindi pa ganito katangkad at kalusog si Vinny, what did you made him eat? Habang si Simon naman ang payat, parang hindi pinakain ng ilang weeks."

"Lagot ka kay kuya Simon, isusumbong kita about what you said hmpf!" sabay liko ng tingin sa papa niya si Vinny to avoid Sandro's teasing face.

"Aww, our bunso is being called healthy, don't you want that? I thought I'm your favorite kuya?" sinide-hug ni Sandro si Vincent as their dad only smile on their genuine affections towards each other.

He is indeed blessed to have three wonderful sons.

'I'm sure Daddy is watching us from afar.' Bong smiles sadly as he made a one last glance to the sky visible on their balcony before joining his family for dinner.