CH. 3

December 25, 2019
at Hacienda del Marcos

Magkasama ngayon ang mga Marcoses sa bahay nina Mommy Meldy na siyang tinirhan din nila ni Ferdinand noong sila'y bagong kasal pa, ang tanging bahay na iniingat-ingatan ni mama Meldy ng lubusan.

Dito nila ipinagbuklod ang kanilang pagmamahalan before nai-halal si Ferdinand as the 10th President of Republic of the Philippines.

Dito na rin na-i buo ni Imelda at Ferdinand ang kanilang mga magigiting na anak kung kaya't hindi na magtataka ang mga apo kung bakit lubos itong pinoprotektahan ni mommy Meldy.

Sandro stood up as he watched dozens of people entering their hacienda.

His mommy Meldy always love partying.

She has this unique way of making others smile by the way she moves and speak.

Hundreds of people, a bunch of politicians, friends, loyalists supporters since Apo Lakay's terms, and families were gathered around the big house.

Some are outside, on the pool, on their garden, and some are even on some of their secluded rooms doing whatever he doesn't even wanna imagine.

Sandro can not see his mom and dad on the crowd, nor Simon and Vinny either.

He thinks his parents are greeting some of the visitors on the entrance, while maybe his brothers are playing na naman sa sulok-sulok.

"Merry christmas everyone!" His mommy Meldy greeted, and as a 90 year-old lola, she's still as hyper as she was during her younger days.

"Aww, merry christmas to you too, Ferdinand, my sweetheart." murmured softly by Imelda to a picture of Ferdinand she was holding closely on her chest.

No one may have been able to hear those soft words, almost like a secret whisper, coming out of his mommy Meldy, but he did, because he is standing right next to her, and he knew Matthew also heard it as he was on her other side naman.

He could only wish for such love to come to him soon.

After greeting mama Meldy a merry christmas, Sandro took a detour towards their playground when they were still a child.

Nang naka-pasok na siya, isinara niya ang pintuan at tsaka inilibot ang kanyang tingin.

This house has a lot of memories indeed.

He was able to stay here for few years before he got shipped off to UK.

At kahit na hindi niya na naabutan ang kanyang lolo, just by seeing his left memories here on this house made Sandro view him as a great man.

He's actually his role model, then his dad. *sorry bbm*

"Apo, saan kaya ako makakahanap ng tunay na babaeng para sa akin?" naitanong ni Sandro sa hangin, na para bang kaharap niya ang kanyang lolo.

Hindi ma-iwasan ni Sandro na mapag-buntong hininga. Lately, his relationship with Mich has been blurry.

Medyo wala na ring sapat na communication.

They would only contact each other if their parent ask them to do so. Without them, they don't feel the need to contact each other or whatsoever.

Noong sila pa ay nasa London, napapansin na ni Sandro na para bang nadadalas ang pag-gala ng kanyang kasintahan kasama ang mga kaibigan nito, or that's what he thought.

Ilang beses na niya ring nahuhuli itong may kausap na patago. Like she's afraid, Sandro would hear.

But of course, he doesn't want to jump into conclusion.

He only wants to prepare himself, so that if the time comes na iko-confront na siya ni Mich about it, he doesn't need to feel worse about himself.

Habang siya ang nag-iikot sa kanilang playground, may kumatok sa pintuan, and soon was opened by non other than his mom.

"Oh, Sandro, andito ka lang pala, we were looking for you,."

"I just want to reminisce things, mommy." sagot nito.

"By the way, where is Mich? Matagal ko na siyang hindi nakikita ah." bakas sa mukha ni Liza ang pagtataka habang si Sandro naman ay naghahanap ng paraan to lie.

In the end, wala din siyang masabi, sighing out of exasperation as he look directly to the ground.