2

It's been 5 hours since Gilbert has left, Norie was walking back in forth in the lounge area out of anxiety

It's been 5 hours since Gilbert has left, Norie was walking back in forth in the lounge area out of anxiety. Teresa was mixing the batter that makes the filling of the macarons as she watched the 26 year old feeling  like she'll almost fall through the floor with her repeating steps.

"Norie? Dear come on sit down"

"I can't Teresa, I just feel awful if I just sit down and pretend I don't feel scared for him."She says in the calmest way she can.

She sighs and places the bowl down and noticed the mail man place the envelopes in the box before walking off, Teresa takes off her apron and then places it down on the counter.

"Do you mind checking the hot chocolate? I think the mail's here"

"Yeah"Norie says and walks over the stove.

She left and Norie stared at the hot chocolate, it's like every simple thing was reminding her of him. The hot chocolate...

Norie laughed when she saw Gilbert pull the cup of chocolate away from her lips and saw that it had left a "moustache", he looked at her and raised an eyebrow.

"What's wrong?"

She shook her head and used her handkerchief to wipe the chocolate off his upper lip.

"Nothing"

Gilbert looks at her and smiles, they were currently sitting in their lounge area, her legs sat on top of his lap as the fireplace gave the room light. And to make the spot more comfortable, it was raining as well.

They loved it.

Norie looks up at him and says "what? Do I have something in my face?"

"Oh no. You look beautiful, don't worry" Gilbert says softly as he debated on doing what he's nervous to do.

She laughs lightly and shook her head, she held her head down trying to calm her warm cheeks.

Norie looked up again but then froze in shock when she came face to face with a ring, a beautiful ring that was gold and had beautiful engraves on the side.

She was slightly breathless when she looked up and noticed Gilbert holding the ring up to her, he gave her a gentle smile when she moved her gaze off him and smiled.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•

"Norie"

She flinches and then sees Teresa walk in with a letter, she held it to her and says "it's from you Aunt"