26

It began to rain as Claudia led them to a house, Norie let Violet go up first, she was to anxious

It began to rain as Claudia led them to a house, Norie let Violet go up first, she was to anxious. She didn't know why, it was only Gilbert but she felt like she was meeting up with a stranger, and she didn't like that.

The girl knocked on the door and says "Major"

"I'm sorry I came to your house... Major? If you've been alive, why haven't you contacted me? Or Norie?"Violet spoke.

"Why didn't you come see us? I want to see you, Norie wants to see you"

Norie wrapped her arms around herself as the rain came down harder and they heard Gilberts voice "go away"

"Nories here Major, at least talk to her"Violet said.

"Don't lie to me"he spoke.

He continued to look at the pot as the flames warmed up his skin and small home. He heard someone knock softly and breathe out shakingly.

"Gilbert..."

He looked up slightly and he turned to the door.

"Gilbert...please"

"You don't know how many nights I spent crying for you, how many years I waited for this one wish to come true..."

He teared up as Norie whispered "only for you to tell me you don't want to see me?"

Norie waited for a response and got the same one "Norie..."

"Go away"

He clenched his teeth as she says "I'm not going anywhere if you're not coming with me, so please let me see you"

"What about us Gilbert? The traveling? Bringing Theo into the world? What happened?"

Norie leaned her forehead on the door and said "and Violet wants to see you as much as I do, so why can't you see us?"

"She has you, she doesn't need me. And if I am with her all I'll remember is taking her to the battlefield so young...how she lost both arms..."

"If wasn't your fault-It was!"Gilbert cut Norie off.

"It was because I gave her the orders before it happened..."

"Major? Do you regret that I exist?"Violet spoke up.

"It must be that I'm the one causing you pain? Not Norie?"

"No honey it's not you nothing is your fault and we can only see that if you just come out and see us Gilbert"Norie says.

She breathed shakingly as she whispered "please..."

It was quiet before Gilbert spoke "that day...when I proposed to you..."

"I also made you a promise, though I didn't say it out loud but I did...and it was that no matter where you are, what year it is, if I'm to old to run or walk...I'll come find you"