03. Roommates

GRANT IS SO F*ING CUTE IN THAT GIF AND YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

I managed to follow this Allison girl all the way to her house without her noticing. It wasn't that hard considering the fact that I was basically a ghost. I guess that's kind of cool, right?

I keep my distance as I watch Allison walk into her house, which happened to be huge. She must be rich or something. After Allison disappears inside, I run to the front porch and stare at the door, wondering how I was supposed to get it open. I reach for the door handle but my hand just swipes through it, meaning that I couldn't open it on my own.

"Seriously," I groan before going to lean on the door, myself forgetting that I would go through. I grunt as I go through the door, landing on the tile flooring with a thud. I look around dazily, glad that I just dodged that obstacle. "Ow."

I rub my arm with my hand before standing up quickly, my mouth dropping when I look around at the house. There was a huge staircase in the middle of the room and I could see a kitchen and living room from where I was standing. It was probably three times the size of my house. This Allison girl was lucky.

I shake off my amazement as I run up the stairs, looking for Allison. I glance around at the rooms when I reach the top, still wondering why she had such a huge house. Maybe she has a lot of siblings or something. That must be it.

I slowly make my way down the hallway, searching each room for Allison. I was trying to be super quiet for some odd reason, but maybe that was because Allison could hear me. How can she hear me anyway? How can she see me either?

"Dad, is that you?" I hear Allison yell from her room. She must have heard me walking down the hallway. I dart into one of the other rooms before Allison steps into the hallway, furrowing her eyebrows. She looks confused for a moment before going back into her room, not shutting her door.

I slowly step out into the hall again before walking to Allison's room, somewhat still curious as to how she could hear me. I don't bother to listen as I walk into her room, my eyes widening at what I saw. Allison was standing there with her shirt off, only wearing a white lace bra. I stare as my cheeks turn red before Allison turns and sees me, screaming and covering her chest up.

"What the hell!" she screams before I turn around, covering my eyes with my hands. I mean, I've seen girls in bras before, but this time it was just weird. I mean, I was dead and she was a girl I've never met before in my life.

"I-I'm sorry," I manage to choke out as Allison slips on another shirt. "I didn't know-"

"Who in the hell are you!" she screams at me, myself still turned around. I didn't dare move; I was worried that I'd turn around and fuck up again. Way to go Corey. You most likely just screwed up your one and only chance to get help.

"Allison?" I hear someone say from the hallway. I widen my eyes before removing my hands from my eyes, looking up to see a lady with red hair. I didn't have time to move before she walks right through me, not seeming to be able to see or hear me. "What's wrong?"

Allison stares in shock for a moment before shaking her head, still staring at me. "Uh, nothing mom. I just saw a spider, that's all."

Allison's mother looks suspicious for a moment before nodding her head. "Okay. You better get some sleep. Tomorrow is going to be a busy day."

Allison nods blankly before her mother turns and walks out of the room again, walking straight through me. It was weird when it happened. I didn't feel a single thing when I did go through things. It was like I was invisible except to Allison.