17. Watchdogs

"Allison!" I wail, but I was already too late. My body goes into shock as I watch Isaac grab Allison's arm before twisting it, but not enough to where he could have broken it. Allison lets out a pained gasp before Isaac throws her to the floor, not caring whether or not he could have seriously hurt her.

My knees collapse as I fall next to Allison, my eyes scanning over her face and her arm. Everything was happening too fast that I barely had enough time to double check and make sure she was alright before Isaac backhands Stiles, causing him to drop to the floor as well. Stiles seems stunned for a moment before he crawls away from Isaac, the rug under him all ruffled up from his impact.

Allison starts to sit up as she reaches for her crossbow, ignoring the fact that I was here and desperately wanting to help. Isaac growls towards Stiles as he reaches down and grabs him by the collar; turning and throwing him against the wall. Isaac focuses on Stiles as he goes after him again, leaving Allison alone.

"Go check on Lydia," Allison gasps towards me as she starts to stand.

I shake my head. "I'm not leaving you-"

"Corey!" she yells, but Isaac's growls were too loud for anyone to hear her. "Lydia can't protect herself, so I need you to go help her, okay? Yell if she's in trouble."

I bite my tongue as I nod, not wanting to leave Allison's side. She could protect herself, but I wasn't too sure about her being able to protect herself against a beta werewolf with three of his pack members waiting outside for backup. Plus she was trying to help Stiles, who was human and couldn't protect himself. I wanted to stay with Allison, but I knew that Lydia needed more help.

My lungs become clouded as I watch Allison run towards Isaac, pointing her crossbow at his back. I don't get to watch as I stand and bolt down the hallway, running towards Lydia. I know that I had made her a deal, but I needed to keep her safe. And if breaking that deal did that, then so be it.

I stop short when I see Lydia creeping down the hallway, tears in her eyes. Mascara was starting to leak down her face as I saw that her lipstick was smudged; meaning that her and Jackson more than likely were having some type of make-out session, but that didn't matter. All that mattered was keeping her and everyone else safe.

"What's going on?" she quietly yells down the hall, probably scared out of her freaking mind. I mean, she had no clue what was happening or about the supernatural and she was listening to growls and shouts coming from the living room. If I were her, I really would be going out of my mind.

"Lydia, listen to me," I say, causing her to grab the wall in a scared manor. "It's Allison's friend."

She shakes her head as more tears leak down her pale face. "You told me you'd leave me alone. You told me!"

I lick my lips as I firmly press my fingers into a fist. "I know I did, but this is important. I'm here to protect you."

"I don't need protecting," Lydia spits. "I need you to leave me the hell alone!"

I close my eyes for a moment and take a deep breath. "Do you want to know what's going on?"

Lydia calms as her eyes dart around her, almost as if she was searching for a face to match the voice. "What's happening?"

"Someone is trying to break in," I say, coming up with the best excuse that I possibly could. "You need to hide, can you do that?"

Lydia shakes her head. "Why should I believe you?"

"Because if you don't..." I say, my voice fading. "If you don't then you'll die."

Lydia gasps after I say this, getting the memo that I was trying to reach to her. I could tell that she was still hesitant about trusting a random voice in her head, but she soon turns around and runs back into the room from which she came. My heart races as I follow after her to make sure she'll be okay, since there were werewolves after her after all.