25. Crumbling

"Sure looks like a party," I say as I stand in front of Lydia's house, which was much larger than Allison's. Honestly, it looked like a freaking mansion compared to my home and hers. Guess that's what you get when you have rich parents.

Allison nods her head, seeming dazed about something. "Yeah, I have a feeling that this party isn't going to go so well."

My eyes flick from the house to her, seeing her jaw clenched. "Allison, you don't have to be here."

"It's for Lydia," Allison says, nodding her head. "I'm here for Lydia."

I glance back at the house in front of us. "That's a good point, but what if Matt comes-"

"Then I guess I'll just have to worry about you, won't I?" she says playfully, looking over at me as if she knew I had something up my sleeve.

I hold my arms out. "What? The guy is stalking you. Of course I'm going to strangle him if he comes near you again."

"Just don't do something you'll regret," Allison says as she starts to walk up the house, her heals clicking on the pavement.

I laugh at her. "I'm dead. Do you really think that I care?"

"Well you sure seemed to care about that kiss," she says, something behind her voice that I could't quite make out.

I furrow my eyebrows. "Of course I care. He's a creep-"

"That was before we found out about the pictures," she says as she turns to me fully, her eyes hovering on my face, trying to read me.

I wasn't sure what to say, since of course I wasn't going to tell her how jealous I actually was. I'm sure she could tell by my face already, so why state the obvious? Instead I looked down at her dress before locking eyes with her once again.

"Look, this is supposed to be a party. Just let yourself go and have a good time, okay?" I say as Allison smiles slightly. "You've gone through too much lately and you deserve this. Don't worry about me or Matt, I'll make sure he stays away from you, and I promise I won't kill him...maybe."

Allison just laughs at me, causing me to go into a world of my own. Time felt frozen as I saw her standing there in that beautiful red dress, laughing again for what seemed to be months since I've seen her laugh like that last. Every moment like this only made me fall more in love with Allison Argent, and I was drowning.

"Yeah, party!" a couple of kids shout as they run up to Lydia's house, causing the two of us to jump at the random loud noise.

Allison laughs as I watch them run inside. "I guess some people might show up tonight, after all."

We both proceed to walk up the house again as Allison raises her eyebrows. "Prepare yourself, Corey. You are about to witness a party thrown by no one other than Lydia Martin, the queen of parties."

"I've been to plenty of parties," I say as a couple of other kids run past us. "I have yet to find someone who can outdo the ones I've been to."

Allison smiles. "Well, I think after tonight your searching will be over."

The corners of my lips stretch wide as Allison stands in front of the door, only for it to be thrown open. Lydia is standing there with a huge grin on her face, wearing a black and white dress while holding a tray of punch.

"You're here!" Lydia squeals as she pulls her friend inside, hugging her. "You have got to try the punch!"

Allison wishes her a happy birthday as the two walk off, Lydia handing Allison a punch before she takes a drink. I sigh as I look around, not seeing anyone else. I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do while Allison partied, but that was before I looked over and saw Scott and Stiles talking amongst themselves. Call me a stalker, but I wanted to listen in and see if anything new was going on with Jackson.