27. Bleeding Gold

The Kanima venom had finally worn off after minutes of trying to move. My body--Stiles' body--still felt weak from the effects from it, but at least I was up on my feet again. I grit my teeth as I bring my free hand over on top of Stiles' wounded arm, which was wrapped in that cloth Allison had given me before taking off. I need to find her.

I noticed that blood was already seeping through the cloth, but that was the least of my worries. I expected to hear werewolves fighting and gunshots ringing throughout the police department, but instead I heard deathly silence that chilled me to the core. I knew something was coming, and I knew it wasn't going to be good.

I hopple my way out of the room and start down the hall as my mind gets lost, trying to quickly think about what was happening with me. I was in Stiles' body, but where did Stiles' mind go? Was he gone for good or was he just buried deep down and had no clue what was happening? I knew I wasn't going to get an answer anytime soon.

I wanted nothing more that to get myself out of Stiles' body, one reason being because I wanted to prove more of help as my own self, along with that Allison would recognize me that way. She was lost somewhere in her own world, and I had a feeling that she wasn't going to listen to Stiles claim that he was me. She might believe me, but she wouldn't be as impacted as she would be normally...at least I thought.

"Stiles!" I hear someone fiercely whisper, causing my eyes to whip around and see Scott standing there. It felt weird that he could actually see me and that I was talking to someone other than Allison, but it just made me feel even more alive.

I'm not sure what to say. "What's happening? Where's Matt?"

Scott runs towards me, stopping in front of me as he scanned the hall for other signs of danger. "The Argents are here. Allison seems...off. She told me to stay out of her way before she disappeared. Matt is somewhere back in that room, hopefully not a threat for the time being."

My heart sinks at this, knowing that if Allison wasn't trusting Scott at the moment, she sure as hell wouldn't trust me. "We need to find her-"

"We need to get you to the hospital," Scott says as he looks down at my arm, where my hand was still covering over my wound.

I shake my head, wanting nothing more than to convince him otherwise. "No-I'm fine. Allison-"

"I'll take care of her, okay?" Scott says, furrowing his eyebrows. Probably because I was more worried about Allison than Stiles ever would be. "Come on-"

I stay in my place as Scott tries to lead me down the hall. "I'm not leaving without her."

Scott shakes his head. "What's up with you?"

The words get caught in my throat, not sure how to explain myself. Luckily, I didn't have to. Instead, the sound of werewolf growls and fighting filled the hallway, causing Scott to look back towards the sound. I could tell that he was torn between helping his best friend and helping Derek, but he knew what was right.

"I'll be back," Scott says as he takes a few steps backwards. "Get out of here, okay?"

I nod my head stiffly, but I don't mean it. In an instance, Scott disappears into a cloud of smoke, leaving me alone once again. My head focuses back on the task at hand: find Allison.

I turn around as I run through the hall, scanning each room for Allison or a sign for anyone. I can't even find Matt or Melissa before I'm slamming myself into an unknown room, one that looked like their "office" area. There were multiple shelves for mail and other documents, along with a couple of desks lined up. I could hardly see still; the smoke had seeped into this room as well.