29. East of Eden

"Allison!" I shout throughout the house as I scan every crack, every space, every possible place she could be. But the more I looked, the more it seemed she got farther away from me. I've looked everywhere, and I couldn't find her at all.

I groan as I run into her bedroom, scanning everything to get an idea where she could be. I had noticed downstairs that a couple of the guns and her bow was missing, but I had no clue where they could have gone at this hour of the night. It wasn't super late, but if they were out looking for Jackson, I knew they wouldn't go to the lacrosse field. They wouldn't make a scene that big.

But who were they after?

I thought of Derek just then, but I knew they were smarter than that. They knew that they wouldn't find Derek unless one of his pack members gave him up...which is something they'd never do; I knew that much for sure.

"Allison!" I scream again, this time anger behind my words. The more I looked around her room, the more memories it brought back. It reminded me of the first time we had met, the long conversations we had, and most importantly the time she let me believe that she actually cared for me. The night she asked me to stay with her in her room, I thought that was going to lead to something more between us, but I was wrong.

Suddenly, I felt the same as when my ex girlfriend had cheated on me.

I knew that it wasn't the same situation; Allison didn't cheat on me, and we weren't even together, but I felt as if I wasn't good enough. I was never enough for Caitlin, and now I wasn't enough to bring Allison back. I was never good enough for anyone.

I scream as I let all of my rage out, turning to the closest object next to me. The next thing I know, I'm grabbing one of Allison's picture frames, throwing it across the room without even thinking. The object shatters into pieces that spread out across the floor, but I didn't care. For the first time, I actually wished I had never met Allison.

As if my rage actually summoned Allison, I heard the door open downstairs, followed by the sounds of struggle and people talking. I furrow my eyebrows before I teleport myself down there, standing at a distance to see two unknown people carry a struggling Erica and Boyd, who appeared to have gotten beaten up pretty bad. But that was when I noticed it:

They had been hit with arrows.

My breathing quickens as my jaw drops slightly, not being able to fathom that Allison had actually done something like this. I knew very well that she was capable of doing it, but never would I ever guess that she would do it voluntarily unless it threatened her life or someone else she cared about.

I guess that's what revenge does to people.

I watch the two other hunters drag Erica and Boyd downstairs, doing what with them, I didn't know. I was about to follow after them before I saw Allison and her father step through the door, a hateful look on her face. She doesn't notice me as she messes with the gloves on her hand, her father talking to her, but she appeared that she didn't care.

"You owe me a new bow," Allison says coldly as her father shakes his head.

"You owe me an explanation," he snaps back at her, causing her to look up at him, myself still going un-noticed.

Allison's eyes narrow. "I caught them. Not you, me. I thought you'd be proud of me."

"What's there to be proud of?" Chris practically yells. "You almost killed them!"

My heart sinks as Allison's expression stays cold. "They came at me."

"That's not what I saw," he says with a little less emotion behind his words.