Chapter 9

A/N: Wrote this whole story with Chris as a blond and he dyed his hair again smh

The next day.

"So, you got to witness a vampire execution," Rowan says, wanting to know more.

Rowan visited the compound every now and then to keep Evanora posted on the local witches, but also because the two of them were friends and enjoyed each other's company. They were currently on the sofa in the bedroom so that they could talk privately.

"Yeah, it was...not a pretty sight," Evanora exhales, "But it was necessary. Can't have vampires killing children running around. Chris and I talked afterwards so he could make sure I wasn't too uncomfortable with anything, and we sort of had a...moment, I guess. So, everything is fine."

"A moment? Like, romantically?"

Evanora blinks, "Sure, yeah."

Rowan's eyes widen, "Wait a minute. Did you...?" She gasps, "Did you?!"

Evanora rolls her eyes, "No," She deadpans, "We...got interrupted."

"But if you hadn't gotten interrupted, do you think you would've...?"

Evanora could feel her face heating up. She purses her lips, then speaks.

"It was headed that way, yeah."

"Oh my God!" Rowan whisper- yells.

Evanora sighs, "I know, right? We just...we kissed, and then we starting kissing more, and then...I don't know, it was the heat of the moment and before I knew it he was on top of me and taking my shorts off, but then he got called off to do more kingly shit."

"Okay, well, you know that the sexual tension between you two could be seen from miles away for years, right?"

"Oh, stop."

"I'm serious! That's why I was so convinced he was gonna turn you into a sex slave when you first told me you were gonna marry him!" Rowan says, "I mean, okay, now that you've had time to actually think about it, I mean...do you want to take things there with him?"

Evanora chews the inside of her cheek, thinking, "I mean...I was pretty turned on yesterday when we were making out. In that moment, I was very okay with letting it happen, and maybe I still would be, but...I don't know, he and I have known each other for so long, but up until a few weeks ago, it was in a very different context."

"Maybe it would be good for you two to get rid of some of that tension - figuratively and literally."

"You're terrible."

"I'm serious! I mean, okay, obviously sex isn't everything in a relationship, but in your case, it would probably be down right healthy for you guys to fuck. Get rid of the awkwardness, grow more comfortable around each other, get all those happy chemicals swimming around in your brain; it's science, Ev."

Evanora balances her chin on her hand, thinking.

"Look, in all seriousness, just...talk to him. He is your husband. Communicate with him."

Evanora sighs, then nods, "Yeah, you're right. I mean, I guess I never really expected this marriage to actually feel like a marriage from the get-go, but...maybe it could get there eventually."

"Even though by witchcraft and vampire law, you guys are married, maybe form a sort of casual-dating relationship for now. I mean, that's sort of where you guys are at already."

"Yeah, that's true. I really didn't expect to form feelings for him this soon, but he's just been so sweet..."

"Just talk to him and see what happens. Trust me, you'll thank me later."