20: The Battle

"Take me home, Billy," we hear a little voice say sadly. We round the corner to find Bill talking to a small boy with only one arm. I assume it must be Georgie. Richie and I make panicked eye contact. I go over and wrap my hand around his arm, leaning into him. 

"I wanna go home," Georgie cries, "I miss you. I want to stay with Mom and Dad." 

"I-I want more than anything for you to be home," Bill says as his voice breaks and eyes fill with tears, "with Mom and Dad. I miss you so much."

"I love you, Billy," Georgie cries. 

"I love you, too," Bill responds. The boys look at each other sadly, and Bill takes a deep breath before pulling out Mike's gun and aiming it at Georgie's forehead. The little boy cries. "But you're not Georgie," Bill finishes and fires the gun. 

Georgie falls back and is still for a moment as we all stand there, wide-mouthed, unsure of what to do. For a moment, Georgie really looks dead, and I can't imagine how much that hurt Bill to do. It wasn't really Georgie, but it still must've been difficult. 

Georgie's body begins shaking and gurgling. "Ah!" he screams out, still convulsing. Slowly, he begins to morph and demon noises exit his mouth. Soon enough, replaced by Georgie is the clown we've all come to know and love. He sits up at the waist, almost like he was pulled. I squeeze Richie's hand tightly as all of our eyes widen in fear. It continues to be pulled upright, standing on his feet with his body bent over and head looking up at Bill.

"KILL IT BILL!" Eddie screams, "KILL IT!" 

"Shit," Richie mutters as Eddie continues screaming. 

"KILL IT!!" we all join in, screaming at the top of our lungs, "DO IT BILL!" 

"It's not loaded!" Mike tries to tell him, but he doesn't hear. Bill lifts the gun to the center of the clown's forehead and fires, but nothing comes out. The clown acts as though it's been hurt, staring up towards the ceiling, but then begins whipping its head back and forth and screaming in the most terrifying way before pouncing on Bill. 

Richie pulls me backward, away from the clown, and the rest of them follow, except Bill who falls, making it easy for the clown to get to him. 

Bill holds out the gun, barely blocking the clown from biting down on his face. The evil thing bites down on the gun and throws it with his teeth before turning back to Bill.

"Leave him alone!" Beverly shouts, grabbing the rob Bill brought and attempting to stab him.

"Beverly, no!" Eddie shouts as the clown is too fast and grabs the rod before it can pierce him this time. He growls at her and she tumbles back. Mike grabs the gun and attempts to hit the clown in the face, but he is thrown backward, flying through the air and landing on the ground hard. 

This gives Bill enough time to grab a long metal pole and put it between It's mouth while holding it from behind. The clown spins, trying to throw Bill off, but Richie runs over to help, holding on to Bill and ending up on his back. I held on to Richie, trying my best to do anything I could. 

Ben grabs one arm and bites down, and holds the arm out so it can't grab him. Stanley takes the other arm and holds on tight, but the clown is stronger. He grabs both boys and throws them after spinning in circles for momentum. Stanley and Ben are thrown far away, and the clown grabs Richie and me, throwing us to the ground and off his back. Richie helps me up and helps the both of us get away from this evil thing before looking back over at Bill, our hands still locked. 

Bill is struggling to hang on. The clown flips Bill over so he's laying in front of him instead. They struggle for a moment before the clown crouches down with Bill in a headlock.