4: Drug Store

"Y/N and Richie wait here," Bill says, "Come on." Eddie, Stanley, and Bill went into the drug store and I waited in the alley by Ben with Richie.

"Glad I got to meet you before you died," Richie says. I smack him.

"Richie! He's not gonna die!"

"How do you know?"

"I can't do this," I say running after the other boys.

"Wait, hot stuff! I'm sorry...ugh."

We head in the drug store and the boys glance at me. "Sorry, I couldn't deal with Richie," I explain. Then, Eddie starts grabbing the stores entire inventory of medical supplies.

"Can we afford all that?" Bill asks.

"That's all we got," Stanley says pulling out a few coins and a crumpled one dollar bill.

"Are you kidding me?" Eddie says.

"I don't have any money either, sorry," I add.

"Wait, you have an account here, don't you?" Bill asks Eddie.

"If my mom finds out I bought all this stuff for myself, I'm spending the whole rest of the weekend in the emergency room getting x-rayed," Eddie explains quietly.

A girl with long red hair and freckles walks up and stands right in front of us. She hides something behind her back before we can see what it is. I think her name is Beverly. I've heard rumors about her doing dirty things with guys, specifically Henry Bowers, but I don't think I believe them.

"You okay?" I ask.

"I'm fine," she states. "What's wrong with you?"

"None of your business," Stanley says.

"There's a kid outside who looks like someone killed him," Eddie explains.

"We need some s-s-s-supplies, but we don't have enough money," Bill says.

"Wait here," she says.

We watch Beverly go up to the counter and talk to the pharmacist. She tries on his glasses and he smiles in the creepiest, most pedophile looking way. When Beverly goes to hand the glasses back she knocks down a display, causing him to get distracted long enough for us to leave without him noticing. We quickly leave and Eddie knocks over an entire display on the way out.

We head back outside and Eddie starts taking care of Ben's stomach. It looks like Bowers tried to cut him up. He's really more dangerous than I'd thought.

"Suck the wound," Richie commands.

"I need to focus right now," Eddie responds.

"You need to focus?"

"Yeah, can you go get me something?"

"What do you need?"

"Get my bifocals; I hid them in my second fanny pack."

"Why do you have two fanny packs?" I ask.

"I need to focus right now," Eddie replies, ignoring my question.

"You have to suck the wound before you apply the bandage, this is 101!" Richie says.

"You don't know what you're talking about," Eddie replies. I roll my eyes at them.

"Are you okay? That looks like it hurts," someone says. I turn around and see it's Beverly from earlier.

"Oh, no, I'm good," Ben replies. "I just fell,"

"Yeah, right into Henry Bowers," Richie states.

"Shut up, Richie," I say.

"Why? It's the truth."

"Are you sure they got the right stuff to fix you up?" Beverly asks, winking. Ben smiles, clearly flustered. If I didn't know any better, I'd think Ben had a crush on her.

"We can take care of him," I say. They all glance at me questioningly. Why did I say that so rudely? She didn't do anything. It's almost like I'm jealous? No, she's not Richie's type. Wait, why do I care if she's Richie's type?

"Thanks again Beverly," Bill says.

"See you around," Beverly replies.

"Yeah, w-we were thinking about going to the qu-qu-quarry tomorrow i-if you wanna come."

"Good to know. Thanks," she said walking away.

"Nice going bringing up Bowers in front of her," Stanley says.

"Yeah dude, did you hear what she did?" Eddie asks.

"What'd she do?" Ben inquires.

"More like who'd she do, from what I hear the list is longer than my wang," Richie retorts, grabbing his junk.

"That's not saying much," I say smiling. Richie looks at me with his mouth open in shock.

"I'll have you know, my wang is--" Richie starts.

"They j-j-just rumors," Bill says, interrupting Richie.

"Anyway, Bill had her back in third grade. They kissed in the school play. The reviews said you can't fake that sort of passion," Richie explains, then continues in an awful British accent. "Now pip pip and tally ho, my good fellows! I do believe this chap requires our utmost attention. Get in there Dr. K, come on, fix him up!"

I bust out laughing. "That is the worst British accent I've ever heard!"

"Hey!" Richie exclaims. "Normally I'd have a good comeback, but I'll let that slide since your laugh is cu--I mean, umm..." Richie starts blushing slightly.

"Were you just about to say--"

"No!"

"Normally I'd pry it out of you, but I'll let it slide since your cute when you're blushing."

I ruffle his hair, and he starts blushing harder. The other guys glance at each other, silently agreeing that we were definitely flirting. Wait, were we flirting?  I don't even like Richie like that, do I?

"You g-guys are all going to the q-quarry tomorrow, right?" Bill asks.

"Of course," Richie says. "I wouldn't miss the opportunity to see y/n half naked."

My eyes widen and my jaw drops as I realize what Richie just said. Stanley rolls his eyes. "Richie!" I yell.

"What? It's the truth," He says smiling. Now it was my turn to blush and be flustered.

———

A/N-Is this story any good? I really don't know. But at least y/n is starting to realize her feelings for Richie. I promise the story will get spicier when she does btw. Oh, and the next chapter is gonna be very different from the rest so far, in a good way.

~word count: 993~