7: The Quarry

When we arrive at the quarry, the other boys are already there in their tightie-whities.

"Hey guys," Eddie says.

"We w-were starting to think you g-guys weren't c-coming," Bill adds.

"I thought I told you I wouldn't miss the chance to see hot stuff half naked," Richie says smiling.

"Shut up," I reply, rolling my eyes. Richie begins removing his clothes and I can't help but look.

"Like what you see?" Richie teases.

"Nope," I answer and begin undressing.

"Holy fuck," Richie mumbles.

"What?" I ask. Richie doesn't answer and continues staring at me.

"Hey, my eyes are up here!" I scold him. Richie makes eye contact with me. "Yes," he says then looks back down at my body. I roll my eyes and walk to the edge of the cliff where the other boys are standing.

"Let's play loogie!" Richie exclaims from beside me.

"Gross," I mumble.

Richie spits of the edge of the cliff first, followed by the others with his going the furthest, and Eddie's landing only a few inches in front of him.

"Oh my god, that was terrible, I win!" Richie says.

"You won?" Eddie asks.

"Yeah!"

"Did you see my loogie?"

"Mine went the furthest! It's about distance."

"It's mass. It always been mass."

"What the--What--What is mass?"

"Who cares how far it goes? It matters how cool it looks, like if it's green or if it's white or juicy and fat."

"Ew!" I say, "You guys are disgusting."

"Alright, who's first?" Bill asks.

"I'll go!" a girl's voice says from behind. We turn around and watch as Beverly unbuttons her dress. "Sissies," she says running past us and splashing into the water below.

"What the FUCK?!" Richie yells. "Holy shit! We just got shown up by a girl!"

"Do we have to do that now?" Stan asks, clearly scared.

"Come on!" I say, grabbing Richie's hand and running off the edge.

We both splash in the water and look at each other, our hands still connected, and my hair was a mess.

"Let me help ya out, hot stuff," Richie says, attempting to fix my hair.

"Richie, you're just making it worse," I sigh. His face was scrunched up in concentration and his tongue was slightly sticking out. He looked pretty cute. 

"No, it looks so much better!" Richie smiled.

"It definitely doesn't," I reply.

"Okay, fine," Richie says, the proceeds to purposefully mess up my hair.

"Hey, stop it!" I scold him. In return, I start messing up his hair. "Bahaha! You look ridiculous!" I laugh. Richie glares at me.

"Hey lovebirds!" Stan yells, "Are you gonna come swim with us or not?"

"Chicken fights!" Richie yells, swimming over to everyone else. "I call hot stuff on my shoulders!"

I climb on Richie's shoulders, Beverly climbs on Ben's, and Bill climbs on Stan's. (Eddie insisted the game was too dangerous for him.)

After several rounds, it's obvious that Richie and I are the best because of a secret move he came up with that allows us to win every time.

"We're the best at chicken fights!" I gloat.

"You guys are cheating!" Beverly responds.

"You're just jealous," Richie says.

"We're not, and you're only winning because you're cheating," Stan replies.

"It's not cheating!" I exclaim.

"Y-yes it is," Bill disagrees.

"Show me the fucking rule book then," Richie responds.

"There's no rule book, but that's still cheating," Ben says.

"How the fuck are we cheating if there aren't any fucking rules?" Richie yells.

"Ignore them Richie," I say, placing my hand on his shoulder. "They just hate us 'cause they ain't us." They all roll their eyes simultaneously while Richie smiles at me, or more specifically, my hand on his shoulder.

"Oh I know," Richie says, wrapping his arm around my shoulders. "They lay awake every night wishing they could be as cool as us."

The rest of the losers look at each other mischievously.

"What?" I ask, looking at them. Instead of responding, they all begin splashing Richie and I.

"Hey!" Richie shouts. It was five against two; there was no way we could fight against the constant water being splashed in our faces and mouths. "Knock it off assholes!" They all stop splashing and laugh loudly.

"That was not funny," I pout.

"It was pretty funny," Eddie responds.

"Fine," Richie says, "Let's see how you dickheads like it then." We make eye contact and I know what we're gonna do. Richie and I begin splashing the rest of them even more than they splashed us. Soon, we're in a full-blown fight with everyone splashing each other and laughing.

This summer is gonna be so great, I think. I've got new friends to hang out with everyday and a crush that likes me back. I don't think anything could stop this summer from being the best one of my life.

———

A/N-That foreshadowing though. Also I split the quarry scene into two parts because it was super long as one.

~word count: 818~