5: The Alley

"Ready to go home?" Richie asks me.

"Not really," I reply. The other losers had already left and it was just me and Richie sitting against the wall in the alleyway. "Let's just sit here and talk."

"Okay, why don't you like Bev?" Richie asks.

"What?"

"I don't know, you just seemed kinda upset about her coming to the quarry with us."

"I'm not. She can do whatever she wants."

"There it is again."

"What?"

"You sound annoyed."

"I don't really understand why, but I guess I just got upset about her hanging out with us."

"You're jealous."

"Jealous? Of what?"

"Another girl joining the group."

"Why would I be--?"

"Because you're worried she's gonna take my attention away from you."

I open my mouth to rebut, but nothing comes out. He's...right. Richie raises his eyebrows at me when I don't answer.

"See? I was right."

I look down, defeated.

"Don't worry though, hot stuff, I only have eyes for you."

I look up at him questioningly. "Are you flirting with me, Tozier?"

"Nope, I'm just being extra friendly to someone who's extra attractive."

"Okay, whatever you say." I laugh and Richie smiles at me. "Now that the others are gone, are you gonna admit you think my laugh is cute?"

"I don't think your laugh is--" I raise my eyebrows at him. "Fine, your laugh is cute," he admits.

"See? I was right," I quote what he said earlier.

"Alright, hot stuff, tell me about yourself."

"There's really nothing to tell."

"Bullshit," he says, then continues when I don't talk. "Okay, what do you do in your free time? No offense, but from what I've seen it doesn't seem like you have any friends."

"Wow, thanks Rich. You know, saying 'no offense' doesn't make it any less offensive."

"Sorry," he shrugs.

"Whatever. I guess I've never had any friends. No one wants to hang out with the poor girl who can't afford to buy them birthday gifts."

"Who wouldn't wanna hang out with you? You're amazing."

Okay, he was definitely flirting with me. "Thanks, but to answer your question, I like to draw I guess."

"Really? Can you draw me?"

"I could, but I don't know if I could stand staring at your face for that long."

"Ouch," Richie says, pretending to be super offended.

"I'm kidding. I could--" I cut myself off. Wow, I really almost just told him that.

"What was that?" Richie asks, clearly amused because he definitely heard me.

"Nothing!"

"Would tickling help jog your memory?" Richie says smirking.

"Richie, don't you dare!"

Richie reaches his hands toward my stomach to tickle me, and I get up and run down the alley. Apparently Richie has supersonic speed though because in an instant he caught up to me and was tickling me.

We both fell to the ground and he was tickling my sides. "Richie!" I giggled. "Stop it! I'm gonna pee!" He laughed and stopped tickling me, and we realized what position we were in. I was laying on the ground on my back and Richie was straddling me. My eyes widened and I blushed like crazy while Richie just smirked at me.

"Hey! Kids! How many times do I have to tell you, don't have sex in my alley!" a voice shouted at us.

"Sorry, sir, but I just couldn't help myself! Have you seen her?!" Richie shouts back.

"Richie!" I yell at him, trying not to laugh.

"Just get out of my alley!" the man shouts.

"Can we at least put our clothes back on first?" Richie yells.

"Oh my god, Richie, shut up!" I say trying to push him off of me.

"Go away and don't come back!" the man yells. "Stupid horny teens..." he mumbles walking away.

"You're not very strong, are you?" Richie says, still straddling me after my many attempts to push him off.

"Get off of me," I say, lightly pushing him away.

"Don't pretend you don't like it," Richie says smirking. I stare at him, not sure what to say. I guess I don't not like it, but there's no way I'm going to tell him I don't mind him straddling me.

"I--um--no--I--you..." I stutter. Richie laughs at me while I turn into a tomato.

"It's okay, hot stuff, I like straddling you too," Richie winks. I turn even redder than before if that's even possible. He gets off of me and holds his hand out to help me up and I take it.

"What's that bracelet from?" he asks gesturing my bracelet.

"Oh, that's my grandma's. She gave it to me before she passed away. I never take it off," I reply.

Richie nods. "Not that I wanna leave you, but curfew is in an hour," he says sadly.

"I better get home or my mom will kill me," I reply.

"Hop on," Richie says, getting on his bike. I get on and wrap my arms around him, and I realize how much I like holding him. Once we arrive a block away from my house, I stop him.

"Don't tell me you live on this street corner," Richie jokes.

I roll my eyes. "My house is just down there."

"So why are we stopping here?"

"Because if my mom sees me come home on the back of a boy's bike, I'm so dead."

"Alright." He replies. I hop off of his bike. "Oh and by the way, tomorrow we're all going to the diner to have lunch before we go to the quarry."

"Sounds fun," I smile.

"Goodnight hot stuff."

"Night, trashmouth."

———

A/N-This is my favorite chapter so far. I don't think this story is any good but I enjoy writing it.

~word count: 953~