21: The Blood Oath

We all sit together on logs in the meadow by the stream as Beverly tells us what she saw. I sit next to Richie who holds my hand comfortingly as we all think back on that traumatic day.

"I can only remember parts," Beverly explains, "but I thought I was dead. That's what it felt like. I saw us, all of us together back in the cistern, but we were older, like, our parents' ages."

"W-what were we all doing there?" Bill asks.

"I just remember how we felt," Beverly answers, "How scared we were. I don't think I can ever forget that."

Bill spots a piece of broken glass on the ground and grabs it, standing up.

"Swear it," he states, "Swear, if It isn't dead, if It ever comes back, we'll come back, too."

We all look at each other worriedly. Beverly stands up first. Richie, Eddie, and I follow. Then Stanley, Ben, and Mike join. We all take a deep breath and watch as Bill slices his hand with the point of the glass. He walks over to Richie next who winces as the blood seeps out his skin.

He comes up to me and we make eye contact and I nod. He slices my hand and I watch the blood seep out. Richie pats my arm with his nonbleeding hand as Bill continues around everyone in the circle. We take each other's hands and form a circle together, promising. We look around at each other before letting go.

"I gotta go," Stanley says, "I hate you." He looks at Bill and pauses for a second before smiling, and we all laugh. "I'll see you later." He walks away.

"Bye, Stan," Bill says. Eddie is the next to leave, followed by Mike, and then Richie and I.

"See you around, Bill," Richie says.

"See you losers later," I say.

"Bye Rich and y/n," Bill responds.

"See you guys later," Ben says.

Richie and I walk away together holding hands.

"I love you," he says, looking at me.

"I love you," I smile back.

~~~~~~

Thank you all so much for reading my story. All your votes and comments really mean the world to me. If you're interested, I'm currently writing a reddie fanfiction as well as a richie tozier x oc :)