18: Bowers' Revenge

[TW: SA]

It's been a week. Mostly consisting of going to the arcade with Richie, watching movies with Richie, swimming in the quarry with Richie, and making out with Richie. Lots of kissing Richie.  We also went to Stanley's bar mitzvah, but we were the only losers. And I've been sketching sometimes too. I haven't heard from or seen my mom in a while so maybe she finally drank so much she forgot I existed. That, or she just doesn't care. Probably a combination of both.

We haven't heard anything from that clown either and we've been trying to forget about it. There's nothing we can do, we're just kids. I have nightmares about it all the time, but sleeping in Richie's arms makes me feel safer. Richie always makes me feel safer. We aren't officially dating because he hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend or anything, but we might as well be.

I wake up to the sun beaming down on Richie's face, highlighting his freckles. Fuck, he's hot. 

"It's rude to stare, you know?" Richie says in his raspy morning voice. 

"Good morning," I respond, giggling. Richie opens his eyes and looks at me as if I'm the most beautiful thing he's ever seen, despite my major bedhead and tired eyes. "What?" I ask, but he doesn't respond. Instead, he cups my cheek and starts kissing me. I kiss him back, tangling my hands in his curly hair. Richie gets up so he's holding himself up on top of me, not letting our lips unlock. We kiss passionately like it was the last time we were ever going to kiss. 

I thought this day was going to be one of the best days ever after the start of the morning, but boy was I wrong. I'm leaving Richie's house to go sketch on his front lawn when I see Belch's car pull up. Shit.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't y/n," Bowers says, getting out of the car.

"What do you want Bowers?" I ask, continuing to walk to the shady tree I always sketch under.

"Isn't this Richie's house?" he asks me.

"None of your business."

"Leaving Richie's house early in the morning, huh? This isn't like a walk of shame is it?"

"Nope."

"Oh! You're more of a slut than I thought."

"Richie and I don't--"

"Bullshit!" He looks me up and down and steps closer to me. I can feel his breath on my face. "There's no way Richie resists this," he says, reaching for my ass. Before he can, I smack his hand away.

"Oh, you're going to regret that. Grab her!" Bowers commands. Before I can react, Belch and Vic grab me and shove me into the back seat of the car. I try to resist, but they're too strong. Bowers gets in and sits beside me, looking at me like an animal looks at its prey.

Richie's POV

I head outside to go check on y/n when I see she's not there.

"Y/n?" I ask, looking around, "Y/N!" I see her bag of sketching supplies on the ground by the tree, but she's not anywhere around. I see something shiny on the ground, and I pick it up and examine it. It's her bracelet. The one she told me she never takes off. Why would it be on the ground? She's definitely in danger. I spot fresh skid marks from tires on the road. Bowers. Fuck.

I run inside to call someone. Not Bill, he's an asshole. Eddie is on lock-down, but who cares.

"Hello?" he answers.

"Y/n is missing and I'm certain Bowers has something to do with it," I say quickly.

"What?"

"Just come over. Now." I hang up and run outside, getting my bike ready.