day zero

I noticed upon walking into the room that something was different.

I noticed that he was no longer there and, along with his stuff, was gone. He and his things had seemingly vanished into thin air. How that is possible is completely unknown to me.

I noticed that there was a fresh bouquet of beautiful flowers sitting on the desk next to the window with a small note written underneath it. The note read 'Don't forget about me. I've left, but I'll come back. I love you -H'.

That was all that had changed within the small room. Everything else was the same, left unchanged by the boy's sudden disappearance. I couldn't say that I was surprised though. I couldn't say that I didn't see this coming from the start.

He had always had a knack towards traveling. He hated staying in a place for more than a given time. He always had some place better to be, some place better to explore and learn. There would always be towns that he had never been to and places left to discover. He couldn't stay in once place because he believed that these locations were more important than the last town that he had visited or the people that he had met there.

And it was sad to say that I would never be important enough to make this boy stay. To make him finally get rid of the itch that makes him constantly be on the move. I wished and prayed that I would finally be the reason to make him stay.

People say that love changes a person. Then why couldn't our love change him?

****

okay so i just got done reading wurthering heights, and this story is told like how wurthering heights is- a person writing in a diary or journal thing. so the main character is writing her innermost thoughts down and here they are.

also i kind of based the love in this story off of catherine and heathcliff's- completely overwhelming and real. it's cheesy but very true.

btw i highly recommend wurthering heights if you have not read it yet. it's insanely good and one of my favorites.