day seventeen

Another memory of ours flashed before me while I sulked over the flowers last night.

I remembered our first date. Isn't that lovely? I remembered the first time that we actually got to know each other, that he might have stopped and said, "Hey, this girl isn't so bad. Maybe I can stick around for awhile and see what she's got going on." Isn't that lovely?

Our date was the normal first date thing. Dinner and then walking around the town some afterward. But somehow, he made it so much more than that. Because while it was rather simple, he flared it up by simply being himself and making me feel special.

The place that he chose was really nothing special. The food was mediocre, and the service wasn't that great either.

Because, you see, this entire date came about just mere hours before. It turns out that my wish had come true and the gorgeous boy with whom I met a couple of days prior came back for 'another pack of gum'. We sparked up a conversation and found out that we actually had lots in common. But it wasn't on that day that he asked me out. He asked me out just three days after that. And within those three days, the boy came back to my store to buy 'more packs of gum', and on each of those days, we found even more common interests.

When he returned on the third day, he said, "I think I'm gonna stay in this town for a little bit longer than I expected. Do you think that you could have dinner with me tonight? Show me around?"

And I, of course, said yes immediately. There was no way that I could ever say no to him. I mean, he's got everything. The hair, the laugh, the eyes, the smile, the wit. I said yes only because I knew that he was the best that I could ever get, and he was insanely cute, not only looks wise. He was unfreakingbelievable.

So now that you have the back story to our little date, now I can get to the actual story.

After dinner, we went walking around the town. He told me that he wanted to 'see the city', but I later found out that he had no interest in my cute little hometown. He just wanted to hold my hand. He's such a CORN. (When I was told this, the words that came out of my mouth were, 'You are such a corn'. Because he is, such a corn.)

But he did hold my hand. His hands are so big, like, they are colossal. It's crazy! I didn't even think that I'd be able to even see my hands when they were wrapped within his.

And after I showed him around the very small town, we stopped at my favorite ice cream shop (it's my favorite because it's the only ice cream shop in town) and ate outside on a bench in the park. It was wonderful. He told me stories about all of the places that he has visited, and he told me about his family. It was so wonderful. I knew then and there that we were not something that he could forget when he went to a new city. He couldn't just leave me behind because, when we were together, we were something incredible. We became something incredible, something that I didn't even believe to be real.

And I knew that he knew it too. Because he did stay. He stayed for longer than I ever would have thought. He lingered in my life for two months before leaving me. I wish that I could say that it was this devastatingly surprising thing, but I came home every night expecting him not to be there. The surprising thing was that he stayed so long and left so soon. I had just grown accustomed to the way that we were living, with him gone all day but home at night, just in time to tell me all about his adventures that day. It was a system that we worked out without even exchanging plans. It was just the way that we worked. Systematically and without a cause for a big production. It was perfect.

But now that's all gone. All because of the restlessness disease that he suffered from. I no longer wait for him before I go to sleep, or wake up with him right beside me. I have now grown accustomed to this way of living. Seventeen days without him, each day worse than the one before.

*****

lol so the whole thing with the 'unfreakingbelievable' is a tribute to my favorite author jandy nelson. in her book the sky is everywhere, the main character says that the love interest is 'unfreakingbelievable' and i thought it was cute so i put it in here.

ALSO IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THE SKY IS EVERYWHERE BY JANDY NELSON I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT. THAT BOOK IS THE REASON WHY I LOVE WRITING SO MUCH AND IT INSPIRED ME TO WRITE ALL OF MY BOOKS ON HERE. I LOVE THAT BOOK MORE THAN ANYTHING.

also the love interest in it has an uncanny resemblance to harry styles ;) just sayin

and if you like the sky is everywhere then go ahead and read her book i'll give you the sun because that one's extremely good as well.

ONE MORE THING i would like to remind you that this story is written like a journal. so i'm writing the main character's innermost thoughts and it's written like how she speaks. and it's also the reason why there's not a lot of dialogue. okay thank you bye.