day forty-five

He stayed true to his word, I'll give him that.

He comes back everyday and tells me how awful that hotel is that he's staying at. I know that he's just telling me this so that I'll let him stay with me, but I refuse to give in. That's exactly what he wants anyways.

He brings me gifts all the time also, whether it be sweaters or blankets or necklaces. He gives me all of that, but never flowers. It's like he knows that that's a dangerous gift to give me at the moment.

He never once brings up the past or anything. It's like he's trying to start over or something. Like he's trying to erase the past and let me forget about what it was like to have him gone.

I had to admit to myself that it's helping. That him being around and being really nice to me and him actually staying and not skipping town, it's all helping. For some reason, it's bringing him closer to me and I'm not sure that I actually like that. I'm supposed to stay mad at him and hate him for all that he has done to me. But there's something holding me back, something that cannot be erased or forgotten.

But all I know for now is that he's here and he's intent on staying. I don't know for how long but he's here. And that should be all that matters to me.