day thirty-seven

"Goodmorning."

"No."

"No? But it's a beautiful morning and the sun's shining and the birds are chirping and what more would you want?"

"You to stop trying to cure me of my disease in which I hate mornings."

"Ah, yes. I should know that that is a lost cause because, you see, I have been trying to cure you, my dear Alia, for months now, but sadly you still hate the morning like I hate beans."

"You like beans though."

"Ah-ha! Precisely."

"If you are trying to tell me that I actually like mornings then you are terribly mistaken."

"On the contrary!"

"Why are you talking like you were born in the 1800s?"

"Ah, because I was born in the 1800s!"

"And why do you keep saying 'Ah' before everything?"

"Ah!"

"No."

"Ah-ha!"

"Harry, I swear to God-"

"Ah, my dear Alia, swearing to God is never good. Always leads to consequences."

"Like what?"

"Oh, Alia, if you don't know then I mustn't tell you."

"Harry-"

"Alia, have I ever told you how beautiful you look in the morning? Or how your breath smells like daises?"

"You tell me that every morning, Harry."

"Oh! Must have slipped my mind for a moment there, but don't worry. It got up."

"Cool."

"Thank you."

"I'm going back to sleep. Wake me up when you aren't making stupid comments."

"Looks like I'm about to have to wake you up."

"Jesus Christ."

"Alia!" He scolded. "What have I said about taking the Lord's name in vain! My dear one, that only brings the worst consequences."

"COOL."

"You know, I believe that I have really made progress with you and your hatred towards mornings. I mean, look at you now. You may have your face buried in a pillow, but I feel that deep down, you are smiling. I really believe that."

"Believe that all you want, but I will always hate mornings just like you hate beans."

"Ah!"

"Harry, don't-"

"But I love beans!"

"Harry-"

"And you just basically said that you love mornings!"

"Harry, I was kidding."

"Don't you dare try to lie your way out of this one. I know your game, missy. And I also know that you love mornings just like I love beans."

"I hate beans."

"That's cool."

"Harry, oh my go-" I stopped myself, knowing that if I finished that word then the conversation would never die, "odness."

"Odness?"

"Goodness. Oh my goodness."

"Nice save."

"Thank you."

"Okay! I'm up and you're up so let's go eat some muffins."

"I'm not up."

"Yes, you are. And I'm going to let it slide that you almost took God's name in vain again, but in return for my kindness, you must accompany me to breakfast in the kitchen."

"Fine, but just know that before I get up, I hate beans."

"That's cool. Real cool, Alia."

~~~~~

okay so if anyone needs an explanation as to what that was. it's a conversation that the main character wrote down that was from a while ago, doesn't say when, but it's between her and harry, obviously.