Ch. III - In Exchange

The night was still dark as ever and King Dann had almost reached the destination of where his vision had took place. His black highlighted red hair had been shined onto as the moonlight began to follow Dann's travels. His hair began to slowly change once more of where the bottom and the tips of his black hair became to a menacing red.

"Whoa there," said Dann, settling down his horse and telling it to stop. "This must be the place."

Getting off the saddle and setting foot onto the rough ground, Dann analyzed the place from the bottom from all the way to its peak. Preparing his sword, he had carefully entered the rocky lair and from the inside was just exactly what his vision had imagined.

"Hello?" Dann tried to see if there was any company but the echoes of his greeting just bounced off the walls. The King could only think it was just a mere myth but he felt a bit persistent. He took one more step and the ground shook itself, causing the king to fall down and a podium had rose from the rocks below.

'How interesting,' Dann thought, quickly getting up from the ground and carefully approached the dusty podium ahead of him.

"Who dares to step upon the lair?" a booming voice had shocked the King, causing him to back up and prepare to unsheathe his sword.

The walls began to expand as King Dann was almost the height as the lair itself but as the voice spoke, the walls became wider and higher. It made Dann look very small compared to the lair itself.

"Why trespass amongst the Grand Podium?" the voice asked King Dann, knowing of his presence.

"I had a vision. A vision of where I, King Dann, had come here to seek out a favour," the king had said in such formal ways. He did not want to disrespect the one who controlled this lair.

"And what shall that favour may be?!" the voice grew louder as a dragon of histories had came out of the shadows and shown it's appearance towards the King. It's appearance was like any other traditional dragon, however, it's power was not like the ordinary.

"Dragon of the North," Dann had said under his breath, shocked to see that the dragon would be Dann's dealer.

"I want to seek out power that will end the Sly Swords and also to resurrect my brothers," said Dann, kneeling on one knee and hoping to get the answer that he wanted.

"And what shall be in exchange?" the dragon asked. It clearly made it so understandable that Dann could not get something for nothing. He had taken every single thought and analyzed them, making the answer that would come out of his mouth.  "My life," he said sternly.

"Your life?" questioned the dragon, astonished of what response Dann had gave.

"Exactly. My life. Once the deed has been fulfilled, my life will now forever be yours," Dann had said as his eyes flared with his persistence.

"The life of a Grand King? Very well then. I shall grant the power that you seek. However, you must claim the souls of your brothers if you were to resurrect them milord," the dragon had agreed to Dann's favour but told him more details in order to make his full dreams come true.

"Souls? Where can I find them?" Dann asked, eager to fulfill his wish.

"That is what you shall find. I am only able to grant power you see but I will bring back your brothers' lives if you were to bring me back their souls," responded the dragon and its gleaming eyes shot the king dead on.

The King's hair fully became red, shimmering in the light that surrounded Dann. His sword had changed in many ways, both sharp on each end. His agility, reaction time were all up into play. The new King Dann had finally been reborn as a powerful man who would do anything to bring back the ones that he cherished.

"I thank you, Dragon of the North. I shall succeed in order to fulfill my life in return," the King had kneeled down in respect, thanking the dragon for what power it had gave towards Dann.

"You deem worthy of trust my King. My patience is high so I do not care if you take more than a hundred years to find the souls of your kin," said the dragon, acknowledging Dann's respect.

"I will bring the souls back safely. And once again, thank you," Dann bowed once more and walked out of the lair as the dragon flew back into the shadows, not to be seen by the public.

"It is about time we head back, we do not want the public to be worrying about a missing king," said King Dann and he jumped onto the saddle of his horse, rushing to head back. His garment had changed to black and red that resembled the power Dann had now wielded. His hair shimmered more brightly as the moonlight once again followed him back home.

King Dann was no longer the type of easygoing to anyone. Now, he will show no mercy to anyone to defies him. Even if it means their life.