Prologue: Two In a Billion

Part One

The annoyed voice groaned from the other side of the phone line, "how much more time do I have to give you before I decide I have to find the last two myself?"

"I promise we're close," the neatly dressed man on the other end replied, "and they don't know that we are after them yet."

"You promise you're close?" the man paused, " you've been telling me that for three weeks. When will I get results?"

"They're two children among billions; it's like finding a needle in a haystack." The man hastily replied, loosening the tie around his neck.

"Is that what you want me to tell the board?"

"You can tell the board that I've already found the other fifteen. I think they can be patient with my methods to find the last two. We have people all over the web, and it's only a matter of time."

The irritated man sighed heavily, "be fast. You know how hard it is to... convince them... at their age. It'll be harder the longer we wait."

The well-dressed man chuckled, "We have nothing to worry about. When have my methods ever failed?"

The other man was silent, about to speak, when the other cut him off.

"They don't count, we were always successful initially, and it is just a matter of time before they come running back to us too. And besides, there's always Cell 25."

The man chuckled darkly, "Yeah, there's always Cell 25."