Chapter 32: Trust Issues

Jisung felt as if he'd been in Cell 25 for weeks when he heard the inner tumblings of the lock on the door. There was a slide of metal and the door opened and he saw the first light since he'd been imprisoned. As usual, he was lying on the ground, and he instinctively pushed himself way away from the door, covering his face from the harsh light. "Stay away," he mumbled.

Ryujin walked into the cell escorted by two of the guards. "It reeks in here. It smells like the giraffe house at the zoo." She started laughing. "He smells as bad as Chris." One of the guards laughed.

She took a few more steps toward him and looked down at him. "Park wants you. Get up."

Park. His name alone filled him with terror. He rolled over to his knees and elbows and tried to stand but he couldn't.

"I said get up!" she shouted.

"I can't," he replied, his forehead pressed to the ground.

After a moment Ryujin nodded to one of the guards and he walked over to lift him. He stopped before he touched him and looked at Ryujin.

Ryujin squatted down in front of him. "Don't shock him... please. If you do he'll only do worse."

"I won't shock him."

She looked at him for a moment, then said to the guard, "Help him."

As she walked out she said to her herself, "Jesus, we haven't had this much resistance since Chris."

He wondered what she meant by that.

=:=

The guard put his hands under his armpits and easily lifted him. When he was on his feet he let go of him and he collapsed back to the ground, crying out with pain. Ryujin spoke tersely, "Carry him."

The guard lifted Jisung again and this time he put his arm around him, carrying more of his weight than he was, they staggered down the hall to the elevator. As they walked he sucked in the cool air, breathing it in like water. In spite of his pain, he couldn't tell you how luxurious it felt.

In the elevator he noticed Ryujin pushed the D button and he silently groaned. Park was back in the dungeon. Another test, he thought. If he asked him again to electrocute Wooyoung would he do it?

He tried to think of better possibilities. Perhaps he was being reassigned to the dungeon. Maybe with Jeongin and the two boys. He wanted to see them badly. He wanted to hug them and thank them. The dungeon would be a Caribbean vacation compared to Cell 25.

His hope dissipated as they walked past their cell, back to the room at the end of the hall. Back to block H, the room where Wooyoung had been bound and where he had "failed" his test. The room's light was on and the door was partially open. The guard carried him inside.

There were three chairs in the room and Minho and Seungmin were strapped into two of them. Please, not them, he thought.

He didn't know what he looked like. In Cell 25 it was too dark to even see his reflection in the toilet, but, based on Minho's reaction, he must have looked pretty awful. He gasped when he saw him.

"Jisung," he said.

"Oh, buddy," Seungmin said. "What have they done to you?"

"Shut up," Ryujin said. "Save your pity for yourselves."

The guard dropped him in a plastic chair and then fastened his hands and feet with plastic ties. A large plastic belt was drawn around his waist and fastened in back. It was overkill. He couldn't have even stand up under his own power.

"What's going on?" he asked.

"Shut up," Ryujin said. "No talking."

"You're a bitch," Seungmin said.