Chapter 20: Shopping Spree

Minho only knew it was morning because a nasal voice over the room's speaker told him it was time to wake up. When the lock clicked, he was still lying in bed, and Minchul walked in. His arms were full of clothing. "Get your ass up, bro."

Minho sat up, rubbing his eyes. "I didn't sleep much last night."

"Well, you'll have to nap later because we have a lot of fun to get to."

He laid the pile of clothes at the foot of Minho's bed. "Fortunately, we wear the same size in everything, so you can borrow my things."

Minho looked down at his jumpsuit smock thing that he'd been in for his time in his room. "You mean I don't have to wear this thing?"

Minchul stared at him and snorted. "You're kidding me, right?"

Minho shrugged. "I don't know."

"Wow, you've got this place all wrong. This isn't a prison. That's just an examination smock. We all wore them on our first day when they were establishing baselines. But that was yesterday. Today's your lucky day. Dr. Park said to take you shopping for a new wardrobe. And guess where?"

Minho shrugged.

"The Miracle Mile."

"Huh?"

"Strip mall, more like a whole street of brands, in Gangnam. Heard of it? If you're anything like me—and you are—you will have the time of your life."

"I don't have any money," Minho said.

Minchul laughed. "You don't need money here. Now get dressed."

Minho looked through the clothes Minchul had brought. None of them looked as if they'd even been worn. "Wow. These are some expensive brands." He picked up a pair of jeans.

"You can keep whatever you like; I'll just get more. Actually, you'll get whatever you need today." Minchul held up a blazer. "I love this one. It looks great with my... our complexion. Do you like it?"

"Yeah."

"Oooh! Try it on over this white T-Shirt and white dress shirt!"

"Isn't that a bit much?" Minho asked, picking up the white T-Shirt that probably cost more than his house's rent.

"No. Don't mess with my vision, now here." Minchul threw a pair of red converse and a hat at him. He barely caught it all before Minchul tossed a belt to him. "I'll turn around."

Minho ignored the video cameras and slipped off the smock, and put on the outfit.

"Can I turn around now?"

"Yeah."

Minchul's face broke out into a grin. "You look so hot," Minchul said. "You're the most handsome boy in this place." He laughed. "Oh, that's like complimenting myself, isn't it?"

"Yeah, I guess it is." He laughed.

Minchul looked at him for a second more, then said, "Damn, I knew I was good, but I've outdone myself."

Minho grinned.

=:=

After Minho was dressed, the two boys walked outside the cell to an elevator. Minchul put his finger on a fingerprint sensor pad. The screen turned green, and the elevator door slid open.

"We'll stop by the cafeteria and get some breakfast as we head out," Minchul said. He pushed the button for floor one, and they ascended two levels to the main floor. "This way to the cafeteria," he said.

The cafeteria looked less like a school cafeteria and more like a restaurant in a fancy hotel. They were met at the door by the restaurant's maître d', a short, Italian man with silver hair and a black tuxedo. "Good morning, gentlemen. You both look bellissimo."