Chapter 62: Deception

Grand Hi-Lai Hotel. Kaohsiung, Taiwan

It was almost three in the morning when Jisung was woken by a knock at his door. He stumbled to it. "Who's there?"

Seungmin rolled over and mumbled something but didn't wake.

"Jisung," Jeongin said. "It's me."

He walked to the door and opened it. Changbin and Jeongin were both standing in the hallway. "What is it?"

"Ryujin just got back to her room," Jeongin said. "She's been out all night."

"All right," he said. "Let's see where she's been."

He put on some pants, and they walked over to Minho and Ryujin's room. He knocked on the door, and Ryujin answered. She looked afraid.

"Where have you been?" Jeongin asked.

"None of your business," she said.

"Your business is our business," he replied.

"Where have you been, Ryujin?" Jisung asked.

"Out," she said.

They all just stared at her.

"Look, I know you guys hate me, all right? It's not exactly a secret. I didn't want to hang out with any of you, either. You okay with that?"

He glanced over at Jeongin.

"I don't trust her," he said. "She looks like we caught her doing something. Her heart is beating faster than usual."

"It's been beating faster than usual since I saw your suicide plan to attack the Starxource plant. If Park catches me, he's going to torture me for helping you. Am I supposed to be calm?"

"Maybe we should have Minho read her mind," Changbin said. "Ask where she's been."

"Fine," she said. "Have your boyfriend read my mind. Like I care what any of you dorks think."

He looked over. Minho stirred. "We'll do it in the morning," Jisung said.

Jeongin pointed at Ryujin. "You watch yourself."

"I don't need to," she said. "You watch everything, you pervert."

Jeongin's face hardened. Jisung thought he might punch her.

"Let's go," he said, taking Jeongin by the arm.

"She's bad," he said. "To the core."

They went back to our rooms to get some sleep.

***

The sun still hadn't risen when he was woken again by pounding on their door. "HAN JISUNG, OPEN YOUR DAMN DOOR RIGHT NOW!" a voice shouted.

He stumbled to the door and opened it. Changbin and Jeongin pushed past him into the room and slammed the door behind them. "The Elgen found us."

The words sent chills through him. "Where are the others?"

"They've already captured them. The guards have them down the hall with RESATs on."

"What about Ryujin?"

"She's with them," Changbin said. "She's the one who led them to us."

"What's going on?" Seungmin said.

"Get up," Jisung said. "The Elgen are here."

"Shit. Where?"

"They're right outside," Jeongin said.