Chapter 6: Popular?

Jisung didn't see Seungmin until lunch. He made his way into the cafeteria to their usual table in the back corner by the vending machines. Seungmin was already situated, glasses perched on his nose and his fluffy brown hair falling into his eyes. Jisung pulled out his unofficial assigned seat next to the boy. He was snagging one of Seungmin's triangle-kimbap, grinning happily at his now annoyed best friend.

"Your eye is looking a lot better," Seungmin said after finishing his last bite of kimbap. The cafeteria was busy, so loud it was almost impossible to hear each other over the noise.

"Thanks," Jisung said, "Where were you this morning?"

"Dentist appointment."

"How'd that go."

"It was just a checkup. I'm all healthy."

"Of course they are." Seungmin's teeth are the definition of perfect. Jisung doesn't understand why he even bothers. When he first met Seungmin, he had been wearing braces just for fun, they weren't necessary, but Seungmin insisted. He will never understand his best friend. He still loves him, though.

Jisung finished his robbed kimbap before pulling the book that Seungmin was reading out of his hands. He was met with protest until he said, "So. We're starting a club."

Seungmin stopped fighting, "Who?"

"You, me, and Minho." Seungmin furrowed his brow.

"What kind of club?"

"It's for people with ..." Jisung hesitated. He hadn't told Seungmin about Minho's abilities yet. "Unique abilities like mine."

"Nice. So why Minho?"

"Well, why you?"

"Because of my intellect, so why him?"

He hesitated, "Well, there's more to Minho than meets the eye."

Seungmin stared at Jisung, "Minho's superpower can be that he's super good-looking."

Jisung rolled his eyes, "Sure."

Seungmin straightened up, suddenly excited about the idea of being in a club, "So, what's the club name?"

Jisung shrugged, "I don't know. I was hoping you'd have something in mind since you're kinda good at that kind of thing."

Seungmin hummed, "I'll think of something. Oh! We get our biology tests back today."

Jisung's head dropped to the cafeteria table, "Great," he said, sarcasm dripping off the words.

Seungmin shouldered him, "C'mon, I'm sure you did fine." Jisung stared at him blankly. "Seriously, man, I don't think you have anything to worry about. You're smarter than you make yourself out to be." Happy about his friend's compliment, a small smile came to his lips.

"Excuse me, is this seat taken?" The two looked up to see one of the cheerleaders. Because of the basketball game, they were all in uniform for the day.

Seungmin stuttered out, "U-uh no."

"Great!" She said before picking up the chair and dragging it away. They both looked at her. Seungmin said, still staring in the direction she walked off to, "She spoke to us." Seungmin turned to him, "Did you see that? She actually spoke to us."

Jisung nodded, "Yeah, I'm sure that's going somewhere."

Seungmin rolled his eyes, "By the way, what was up with your mom last night? One second it looked like I wasn't gonna have a best friend when I woke up the next morning, and then suddenly she's taking us out to ice cream at 10 pm."