Chapter 14: Kidnapped

PART TWO

Minho was silent as he sat in the van, he didn't show it, but he was absolutely terrified. His head was still pounding, though not as bad as earlier. His hands were tied behind his back by a zip tie that was digging into his wrists. He felt like he'd been drugged. The strap across his waist felt more like a restraint than a seatbelt, which was probably its purpose. His legs were shackled to the van's floor with leather straps, pulled so tight that he could barely move his feet. He saw a few of the other chairs with the same features. It's like this van was made for this very purpose. On top of his fear, he felt carsick to the point he was close to throwing up.

It all happened so fast. He had only been at dance practice for a few minutes when he was struck by an immense headache. It only seemed to get worse. He waited ten minutes before asking Mr. Son to leave early, and he thankfully let him. When he exited the gym, he first noticed the girl by the gym door. At first, he went and waited on the steps in the front of the school to wait for Jisung, hoping the pain would eventually fade away. He noticed the girl had followed her at a distance.

The pain became so severe, like a drill through his temple. He decided to head home when it became too much. He was crossing across the school parking lot when a white van pulled up beside him–the one he is currently in. Now that he thinks about it, he should've known that a white windowless van was bad news and spirited out of there as quickly as possible. But, realistically he was in too much pain to process any thoughts. The side door swung open, and the girl from before stepped out–the same girl now sitting in front of him. His headache immediately intensified until he fell first to his knees, then to all fours, dizzy and disoriented.

"Take it easy!" someone shouted. Then a man got out from the front of the van and stood next to him. "Are you okay?"

"I don't think so," Minho said.

"Let me give you a hand."

His head was spinning, and the buzzing in his ears was so loud that he didn't resist the two men picking him up and carrying him inside the van, blindfolding him, and strapping him down to the backseat.

Then someone put something over his mouth and nose. That's the last thing he remembered. He wondered if anyone had seen him being kidnapped and called the police. Maybe his mother was coming for him right now. He desperately hoped so, but honestly, he doubted it. The whole kidnapping had taken less than thirty seconds. He had been taken without a scream.

=:=

Heavy rock music played from the front of the van. Earlier, when Minho woke, his captors were arguing over whether to listen to classic rock or rap. They flipped a coin to decide. Classic rock had won out, and Aerosmith was playing, adding to his headache.

The scary-looking girl sat alone on the bench in front of him. The girl was about his age, though shorter. She had short black hair and black makeup, and she wore a black leather collar around her neck, studded with what looked like real diamonds. She had AirPods in both ears.

Minho had tried to reboot the driver for the last hour, even though he knew it would likely result in crashing the van. A crash would, at least, draw outside attention, and he'd rather take his chances with an accident than with these people. But his attempts to reboot him were only met with pain—a sharp prick in his temples. Minho decided to ignore the pain and try rebooting again with all his might. He pressed the thought, but the pain just grew. It was like sticking pins and needles all over his head. He finally groaned out and stopped when the nails began to dig too far.

The girl in front of him turned around to face him. An unbothered look adorned her face. "I would tell you to stop, but it feels good to be honest."

Minho's eyes widened a bit. Did she know what he was doing? He tried to deny her. "What did I do?" His head still throbbed.