0.01 - Twisted Fate

a beautiful woman sat by the window with a cute red haired child on her lap, enjoying both the moonlight and the hand that caress his head.

"Cale.. no matter what role fate has given you, you must stay to what's your heart desire. you are the only one who can choose the way you live. i want you find your happiness" , said the beautiful woman to the child.

"what do you mean mom? i'm already happy with you here. and dad too" said the child while tilting his head, confused.

the woman, Jour Thames caress her son's cheek while looking at him sadly. how could she not when what she's about to say is something that she didn't want to happen to her precious only child.

"Cale sweetie, your time and fate are wrapped. you will need to stay strong to survive. persist and find your happiness okay?"

"mmn" said the child nodding his head.

Jour kissed the temple of Cale Henituse, and lull him to sleep.

Heavy rain fall upon the Henituse territory for days, Rain City was dark and gloomy, hardly any shops open

Heavy rain fall upon the Henituse territory for days, Rain City was dark and gloomy, hardly any shops open. Same goes for the Henituse estate, as they just lost their respected countess.

A young red haired boy stood looking at the now buried casket. His eyes emotionless, no tears are shed, as if he didn't just lost his mother. He could hear the whispers of people calling him emotionless and a monster for not crying.

He just stood there and after a moment he found himself consoling his father who buried his head in his embrace. All he could do is patting his father back and let his father cry.

Weeks passed, the redhaired young boy tried his best to keep everything normal again and stay strong for his father. he helped his father managed the territory and other stuff, but his father has closed all the door connecting them in while trying to cope with mourning.

Cale always try to keep strong and stay positive as he only have each other now. so he believes that one day that his father will open up to him again.

until...

"Cale meet the Countess of the territory, from now on he will be your mother. and this is Basen he will be your new sibling, he's a now a Henituse, so i hope you will get along well"

Cale look at his father then smiled while greeting his father new family, but his smile didn't reach his eyes. it's only been a year of his mother's death and now his father already found a replacement for her. did he forget that tomorrow is mother's death anniversary?

after that Cale left and stay at his room.

midnight, Cale sneak out from his room and with bare feet he climb the mountain where the henituse monetary. he walk and sit next to his mother tomb. his fingers delicately tracing his engraved mother's name.

"mom..."

cale sofly called out to his mother.

"m-momm.. *sob"

one year, Cale have los his other for 1 year and not a single tears are shed. he felt devastated that in that one year, of not being able to express his loss. now here he is, crying, sobbing, to the point of having dificulty of breathing.

"*hic m-moo *sob m.. *sob"

he called out hs mother over and over again. he is only 6 feet apart from his mother, but feel so far away, he knew that even if he called for his mom over and over again, he could not see her again.

after an hour of crying ad calling his mother, he finally calmed down. he looked at his mother'a name while wiping his tear with his sleeve.

"mom.. do you think i can do it?"

he grip the dirt and grass on the ground until he bleed

"you said.. i have to persist and stay strong. find my happiness. do you.. do you think i can do it?"

the grip on his hand then loosen

" i miss you mom "

Cale then rise from the ground, and stand while looking down to the grave.

"i trust you mom. i will stay strong for you."

Cale then leave the hill and sneak back to his room.