2.23 Behind Our Eyes

Tick tick tick

The sound of alarm loudly sounded inside the room. It's been an hour since the alarm start ringging but no movement came and stopped the alarm.

Banggg!

"Rok soo! Get your lazy ass off the bed!"

Someone pull a blanket covering the person lying on the bed safe and sound.

"NOW!"

Tap
Just now the alarm stopped when the person barged in tap the digital clock by the table side. The person inside the bed squinted his eyes, raised his hand and stretched.

"Hmm? Jung soo, can you not shout?"
"Tsk, if I don't shout, you'll keep sleeping. Now ass off and go get ready! You're late for the ceremony"

The person in bed could only get off with his bed hair and walk towards the bathroom while grumbling

"That's exactly why I don't want to wake up"

Kim Rok Soo got ready in 20 minutes and take off to the company with Jung soo. Kim Rok Soo look at the scenery, it wasn't a nice view at all, he was walking through an almost ruined bridge, from the platform you can see the ruined city, but it was a peaceful sight.

Because, it's a green zone.

It's already been 6 years since the world destruction, human kind had managed to restore a part of the earth, even only a little, they now has successfully bring back electricity, internet and most importantly created a green zone on their own.

Kim Rok Soo and Choi Jung Soo was heading to his company, his company was one of the large company is Korea, as they manage a very large territory to protect from the monster. And today was a celebration for his company as they just collaborated with another large company.

Once they arrived they could see a lot of people in the field, the company head was having a speech. It was very boring so Kim Rok Soo just find a wall to leaned on and watch from afar, while he observes the sky.

'Today, is weird'

He watched the usually blue sky turned slightly orange and yellow. But his thoughts were interrupted when his team leader, Team 1 Lee So Hyuk appeared on stage. Apparently his team was the best in the company, and Lee Soo Hyuk also have a famous reputation so he was given a chance to stand up stage to have a word.

Kim Rok Soo watched the team leader and the other company's best team on stage having a friendly match. People shouting and cheering was heard throughout the field. But he caught a sight of the sky again, there was something yellow and orange breaking. Like the sky is breaking and a space has been opened in the sky.

He tried to look left and right trying to spot someone who noticed the sky, but there were none until he heard a voice beside him.

"The sky, it's weird right?"
"...."
"No one seem to notice it, only us"

Kim Rok Soo look to his side, there was a young man around his age, with dark brown hair, skin as pale as him, and eyes a lighter shade of red brown than him.

"And why is that?"

The other person look at Kim Rok Soo with unreadable gaze,  after a few seconds he finally answered

"Maybe because, we're special"

The other person smirked, Kim Rok Soo who was annoyed being played clicked his tongue and look back to the stage where the team leader is at. But before he could , he was being pulled on the wrist by that person.

Booommm
Just in the place where they were standing there was a big pointy rock now on the ground.

"...."