1.14 Checking something

"what are you doing here?"

Cale asked the swordsman in front of him. we was just finished having breakfast with On and Hong that he got to know their names last night. he didn't usually eat breakfast but he now needs to make sure to feed the children he decided to take in.

"...."

"are you going to keep glaring at me? if you don't need anything you can leave"

Cale said annoyed while sipping his tea, he got more annoyed when he realized that it was lemons. he didn't notice how the raven hair swordsman clench his fist.

"why did you laugh?"

"what?"

"last night, why did you laugh?"

"i don't know what you are talking about"

it was a lie, of course he knew very well what was the swordmaster talking about, he laughed at the burnt down Harris Village, he mind was clouded with grief that he couldn't contain his emotion when he heard that place was now gone. it really is a cursed place.

" when i told the Harris Villagers were mass- bur- when Harris village was burnt down you laughed. don't you think it's disrespectful for the dead?"

Cale put down his cup and look at the raven haired swordsman in front of him, his hand was in the hilt of his sword, and his eyes was burning with fire. Cale was certain if he said the wrong thing he would strike without hesitation.

" i don't remember, i was drunk"

there was a complicated gaze in the swordsman eyes. Cale sigh

"if that's all you need, you can leave"

"...."

Cale really is tired so he just ignore the swordsman and continue to read book to the cats beside him, Cale was in the middle of teaching the sibling how to read after breakfast when he came in. seeing the person who just laughed at the dead while he was drunk last night was so soft to the kitten in front of him made his gaze more complicated than ever.

"thank you"

he could hear the voice of the swordsman. the swordsman ended up saying thank you for letting him meeting the count, because he found out when he was meets the count if it wasn't for the eldest young master he wouldn't even meet with the lord of the territory, and Harris Village issue won't be being handled this fast.

and seeing how the eldest young master was being so gentle and warm to the kittens he believe that maybe he really was drunk and didn't mean to laugh at the people of Harris Village. because, how can a trash act like this?

"...."

when Cale heard the swordsman gratitude Cale didn't answer anything. only after a while he finally opened his mouth.

"what is your name?"

Cale look at the swordsman dark brown almost black eyes.

"Choi Han"

'so i really wasn't mistaken. he is familiar'
images overlap his mind, he could see the swordsman in front of him, Choi Han huffing while restlessly banging the door with a gray haired teen slump on his back.

"Cale-nim"

information flew on his mind. it wasn't the first time he experience this. by now he finally realize that the ability will activate on his own if it was trigger by something just like when he passed by the slum alley or when he's about to laugh at Harris Village.

but he still had too little information about the ability, he don't even know how to activate it on his own.

he snaps out when the image and the information stop, cold sweat drip from his neck to his back, he was getting the hang of the pain but he still can't hide how he started to sweat when the ability activated.