5. Him

"happy birthday!" Sydney and Rose cheered simultaneously as they pulled Keisha into a group hug

"Aww thank you so much," she gushed, "I can't believe you made it."
"Wouldn't miss it for the world " Sydney exclaimed over the loud party music, "yes!!" Rose agreed," and this is for you," she handed the gift bag which Keisha received with her eyes screaming of excitement
"Aw thank you!" She thanked them with a wide grin on her small lips", I hope you enjoy the party. I have to attend to other guests but thanks again for coming."
"Welcome enjoy your birthday", Sydney stated before turning to the refreshment bar by the counter.
Sydney's p.o.v

As I stood by the counter scanning the crowd come ,my mind couldn't help linger back to the thoughts of Luca. If he were here, he'd probably be dancing with me, we'd probably be having the time of our lives in each other's arms and all smiles. |Or maybe he still would have broken up with me|. A lot of my friends have already asked where he was in the past 2 hours and I couldn't think of a better excuse than - he's out of town - every single time. The excuse was pathetic, that I knew very well but I couldn't tell everyone that the love of my life had dumped me over a letter. That was way too humiliating and painful to relive. A familiar not began to tie at my throat the moment sirens alarmed in the back of my mind that something was wrong. He couldn't have done to me out of the blue could he? out of his free will could he? After 2 years two whole years together he couldn't have left me with no reason - right? Unless - unless, he could have found someone else but he couldn't just leave me because he loved me right? Or maybe he was getting sick of my childish behavior or maybe he was just getting tired of all our bickering or maybe he was just sick of me in general - that would be painful to hear if it were true. Aside from Rose, Luca was all I had since I moved back here from Thailand two and a half years ago. He was all i had - almost family. He's been my best friend, my comfort my everything since I lost my mom 3 years ago... so he couldn't just leave me,.. right? It was that easy.... letting go off me.
We've been through a lot together so maybe there was something deeper behind it. Or maybe there isn't - the voice in the back of my head snarled at me mocking me. I was so caught up in my mental battles that I didn't notice someone standing behind me.
3rd person's p.o.v

"Well look at what we' have here"the man smiled sadistically at me as he openly checked her out. At the sound of his voice, the hairs at the back of her neck arose and his hot breath glazing on her bare shoulder scent uncomfortable shivers down her spine. "Keith," she muttered against created teeth as she shuffled away from him, "what are you doing here?"
She knew him as the perverted student teacher would hit on her during her one year she attended to university. For as long as she known him, Keith had tried to get with her on several occasions all of which you rejected - he just couldn't take a hint
"What im doing here... doesn't really matter. What are you doing here? Most importantly where is your little boyfriend? What's his name again.."he asked with mysterious grin plastered.
"He's not here," she answered honestly and his smile widened.
"Oh that's great then, let's go for a dance shall we?" He reached his hand to take a hold of Sydney's who immediately yanked it away
"No thanks now back off," she declined harshly turning her back to him
"Well suit yourself" Keith - to Sydney surprise - immediately backed away.
Once she was sure he was gone, she turned around and took her glass of alcohol on the counter and gulped it down shakily.
She flopped onto the small couch by the corner of the dance floor - her limbs too weak to keep her body steady. It had just been minutes since she'd taken the alcohol and she was already drunk. Normally one shot was significant enough to get her the slightest bit of trunk but at the moment she was struggling to keep herself awake. Her eyes glazed the crowd moving to the booming sound of the music to her eyes met a familiar pair of emerald green eyes staring right at her from within the crowd.

Sydney's p.o.v

My heart nearly stopped as my gaze met his. Luca the voice in my head screams repeatedly as I kept staring at him. Was he really there or was he just a figment of my desperate imagination? I didn't know and I couldn't tell the difference and I didn't want to what's important was that he was there. He kept his stare tilting his head to the side - a habit , whenever he saw the internal conflict through my eyes, a gesture as if asking what's wrong? Without saying a word, he turned on his heels and made for the club exit. Without a second thoughts, I hastily pulled myself off the couch to blindly follow him - I couldn't lose him again. I carelessly shout through the crowd following the path he took with one thought in mind - wait for me - - I'm coming my love! -
3rd person's p.o.v
Sydney walked out into the quiet street - no sign of Luca anywhere. She wasn't willing to go back inside until she found him so determined, she walked down the deck secluded sidewalk and search for him. She kept walking and walking searching every corner but he wasn't there "was he just my imagination?"she cried as you continuously kept looking for him dragging her feet around the streets. The clouds started to rumble and she could tell that it was about to rain but she didn't want to go back inside until she found him so she kept walking and walking but no sign of him anywhere. she didn't want to lose hope but deep down inside she knew that it was just a figment of her imagination but she wasn't to willing to let her heart break again so she kept searching even as the rain poured down on her. she reached a point where she couldn't walk. she wasn't sure where she was and honestly she couldn't care less as the pain in her heart over took her entire body and she crumbled onto the sidewalk under the street light and began to cry loudly. - why did you have to go ! - to continuously yelled as she cried running her hands through her hair. she couldn't care less about what she looked like at the moment because the pain she felt was one she couldn't take away . Rain continuously poured .

She couldn't see much and her vision was blurry but she did come to notice headlights of a car speeding toward her ."it might as well be the end for me" she thought as she remain seated on the ground. She closed her eyes and brace for the worst but nothing happened. The car came to a sudden halt in front of her.
"SYDNEY?"a familiar deep voice yelled her name as she could hear footsteps coming toward her and large arms twisted around her body and soon enough there was a jacket covering her.
"What are you doing here?"Hardin asked but got no answer
"It's raining let's get you inside"
He was about to lift her up when see me finally spoke out ,"no leave me here until he finds me" she cried.
"I can't leave you here in the middle of the street so like it or not you're coming with me it's for your safety" he said as he lifted her up bridal style and quickly moved her into his car.
After making sure she was buckled in her seat he ran towards his own and close the door and sped off into the dark night.
"Why were you out there when it was raining Sydney?" Hardin asked in a concerned tone as he kept his eyes on the road
"I thought I saw him in the club and when I got out he wasn't there so I kept looking for him but I never saw him" she sobbed silently and stared at the window," I thought he'd come back.. I thought he'd come back for me ",she cried silently.
Hardin remain silent as he wasn't aware of what to say and just kept driving on. On his way to Sydney's apartment he couldn't help but feel hurt for her because she was hurting for the man who left her. The man who was also her best friend the man who was also his best friend. The question was, why did you have to leave so suddenly? Why did he have to leave unannounced? Why did he have to leave the person who he claimed to love, hurting so much? Just why? But then again Hardin knew that Luca was insanely in love with her. Maybe something really was happening to make him leave but that wasn't an excuse to make Sydney hurt like that.
- she didn't deserve to hurt like this - he kept on thinking as he drove on .He knew he could treat her better but he just didn't want to go behind his best friend's back. And who knew, maybe she didn't even like him. How badly he wanted to just take her into his arms , comfort her and tell her that everything was going to be okay - that he was there for her: that he wanted to be the one to make her smile again, be the cause of her happiness...
|But she's not yours to hold| the feminine voice that haunted my conscience snarled at me .
He looked over to the girl seated beside him -her skin was pale. Her usually plump and glossy lips were dry and quivering . Her dark and lovely curls we're wet and tangled and she was shaking and barely able to keep her eyes open.By the time they reached Sydney's apartment and nearly midnight she was out cold most probably unconscious from hypothermia.

[A\N - don't forget to leave a vote♥]