26. Someone New

3rd person pov
It had been 2 weeks , two fucking weeks and nothing was getting better , between Hardin and herself. She had to bump into him almost everyday actually. Why wouldn't they , he worked there too. Each time they passed each other coldly , almost as if they didn't know each other . He never spared her a glance , not once. Never tried to text or call ,whilst Sydney desperately craved he'd do . Their relationship was already dead and she didn't want to accept that , it was too painful to acknowledge. She was trying , trying so hard to get rid of the memories , to forget his touch , his smile but that was impossible considering the several encounters , all ending in mute tenseness.  She was hurting , much more than she expected from a four month relationship as compared to the nearly three year relationship with her ex boyfriend . She couldn't help it . It was hard for her to see him act as if she didn't exist , like hell. She was hurting but at the same time she was mad , fuming with anger at the thought of what he'd done to her. What he'd said to her , slut-shaming her Infront of his friends , that and the torture he was delivering her by ignoring her.
When she opened up to her two roommates and told them what had happened , they too weren't the least bit pleased , especially rose since she had warned her friend not to indulge into recklessly loving a person with a scetchy friend group but nonetheless comforted her friend . Vanessa was disappointed, almost as devastated as her because she was quite fond of Hardin and believed he was better than Luca.

Maybe he'll apologize , Sydney had hoped but as time progressed with same stalemate, she was slowly begrudgingly accepting the dead-end of their shortlived romance. It was an unspoken break-up she hadn't braced for.

"Not gonna lie, even the parking space is legit,"Rose admitted as she pulled over into the private parking lot of Hybe .
Ever since the introduction video had been released on their official social media platforms , she was -according to Vanessa- trending . For security reasons by Adam himself , she wasn't allowed to come in from upfront , not risking getting mobbed by paparazzi , that was already hot on her tail as for the past couple days.
"I know right," Vanessa agreed with her friend as she unbuckled her belt in the passenger seat,"It is much nicer than our apartment, and it don't even got no furniture"she giggled.
"Tell me about it,"rose sighed as she glanced over to Sydney in the back , hurriedly untying her bundle of curls,"you gonna be okay ?" She questioned with concern.

Sydney looked back at her friend only to be met by a worrisome expression. Even she could tell that she hadn't been herself lately eversince the incident and knew her friends weren't prying because they didn't want to invade her privacy but they were worried and she understood.
"I'll try," Sydney sighed, managing a faint smile,"plus I got Vanessa with me. I'm gonna be just fine."
"You know I'd stay if I didn't have an afternoon shift" and Rose was honest about it . Everytime she wasn't caught up with work or other things, she'd visit and be with Syd at work. Adam didn't have a problem with it , not as if he could object even though he was her 'boss'.
"I know ,"she chuckled,"but I don't need babysitting mom ,"she teased her friend
"I know,"rose smiled,"Vanessa keep her safe okay?" She requested from her friend
Vanessa tried not to roll her eyes from the overprotective nature of her friend,"sure mom"she exhaled as she climbed off the car. Sydney did so too ,straightening her outfit. She leaned against the driver side window , "I'll see you later?" Sydney smiled.
"I'll pick you up later then we can go out,"Rose nodded ,reminding her friends of their plans for later
"Right "She nodded then waved her goodbye . She turned to Vanessa and caught up with her who was already walking ahead and they made their way to the reception
"Hey there,"Sydney greeted the girl by the reception . She'd seen her a couple times over the time she had been working there . She was small ,no tiny . Cute was the only word to describe the girl behind the counter . Sydney figured she was younger than herself , she looked like she had barely graduated highschool because of her youthful features.
"Hello there,"she chirped back with a wide smile . Sydney watched her carefully as the girl typed away on her computer, registering her into the system.
"There you go", she smiled handing Sydney the pass- key. "Thank you so much.".. Her voice traveled off as she realized", hey... I never actually got to learn your name."
Her head shot up as her eyes widened, her cheeks tinted slightly Pink as she said," cherry.. my name is Cherry "she stuttered nervously.