33. Forget me

Song recommendations for the chapter
IDFC - Black Bear
Pretty toxic revolver -Machinegunkelly
Woo - Rihanna
Ghost town -Benny
Consume - Chase Atlantic
Sorry - Halsey

|I have heller feelings for you . I act like i don't fucking care , like they're not even there. Because I'm so fucking scared. But I'm only a fool for you|

Hardin's POV

I rubbed my hands together as i walked out of the dressing room . I walked over to the large windows in front of me , my brown eyes taking in the scenery below.

The streets were lighted by the streetlights and the dim stars above. The night outside seemed to be very flaccid .

It was the same type of scene i had gotten used to each time i got up here. I could feel myself suffocating. It hurts and aches, i felt dizzy. The air was stiff due to the number of staff present in the large room.

The music above was booming as if we were all living in speakers. I didn't want to be around anyone right now but i had no choice. It had been two days since I'd been discharged from the hospital but I still felt lifeless.

The moment i stepped into the club last night when Seth had invited me to hang out with the others , i could feel the tenseness radiating off of everyone , especially my two closest friends , Dayn and Leone. I couldn't blame them though.

Not once had they spared me a glance since I had been discharged. They didn't even talk to me unless it was business related . The cold treatment from my friends , how wonderful.

I leaned my forehead against the cold glass as i reminisced about the memory of what happened to me a week ago . The panic on everyone's faces and the worried one of a particular person .

Flashback

I felt myself being pulled back into consciousness as i jolted my upper body upward harshly. My eyes shot open as i gasped for air. I could feel pain in my chest and a burning sensation in my throat as i coughed frantically.

I could hear sighs of relief all around me and all i can think about was what happened for me to be in this situation. I blinked profusely trying to remember every recent event that happened before this.

I remembered going to the art gallery near my apartment in the afternoon. I remembered that woman trying to make a move on me . I remembered Adam calling me and telling me that Dayn was on a date with Sydney. I remembered getting angry and drinking a lot of alcohol . I remembered barging into Dayn's apartment and ruining his date and him kicking me out. I remembered going to the graveyard but after that..... everything else was a blur.

I felt drenched and surely i was . I breathed lightly as my body shivered from the coldness of the water on my skin and clothes .

I could feel warm hands covering mine as i looked up at the ceiling. I didn't want to face any of my friends right now. But then i was startled when i heard a familiar voice call out ,"Can someone please get a towel"

My eyes darted towards the source of the voice . Sydney?  I swear my heart skipped a beat when i felt her straddling me and embracing me in her warmth. I tensed at the feeling of her body against mine. Why was she here, after everything i had done?

My eyes were droopy and i could feel my self slipping into and out of consciousness. I wanted to embrace her back but i couldn't so my hands remained at my side.