23. The aftermath

Sydney's pov
I woke up with a stinging headache and toxic amounts of fatigue.
"8.19" I chanted to myself as I sat with my legs hanging from the side of the bed. I glanced to my side and my phone was gone. A few seconds later I came to find out that V had plugged it onto the charger while I was asleep. Why her?-simple ...she was the the one out of the two who always forgot to switch on the socket . I hoisted myself off the bed and walked over to the mirror and my jaw dropped . There were lines of running mascara beneath my eye and lipstick smuggled all over my chin. I felt sorry for myself and even more for Leone who had to walk around with me like this.
|Leone| I managed a smile at the thought of the new friendly encounter of yesterday but the joy was short lived as all the other thoughts flooded my mind as well.
Sigh
I dragged myself over to the bathroom and set myself up for a much needed shower
•••••••
The smell of waffles aroused my taste buds as I walked into the kitchen with a forced calm expression.The first sight my eyes landed on was a nest haired Vanessa holding a spatula to her lips, "harmoniously" singing along to her favourite B.p song , as usual - pretty savage.
|Ofcourse she'd sing this| I mentally rolled my eyes as I took a seat by our counter and watched her go full on performance.
"S a v a g e keep it pretty pretty savage," she twirled as the song to an end with a bright smile glistening on her lips . I clapped my hands slowly , biting down a laugh .
"Wow," I burst into a fit of untamed laughter ,"wow."
She flipped her hair dramatically as she placed a pile of steaming waffles Infront of me ,"I know.... I should be the fifth member." She concluded and I couldn't help but smile at her enthusiasm.
"Yeah... Sure,"I attempted reassurance,"good morning v"
"Morning cup cake "she brought out two forks and we began to share the breakfast ,"how are you?" She went on to ask.
I know she meant well but at this time I really couldn't dig deep into what happened last night so I just answered vaguely,"I've seen better days" I felt an awful pain in my chest at the thought of the words Hardin threw at me. I coughed,"long story short.... I came home with Leone"
"Oh ,"she snapped her fingers,"short stack" she giggled
"Yup"
"Well I hope whatever happened was delt with accordingly .,"she sighed and a smile made its way on her lips,"today is the day you're supposed to do your intro's right ?"
I nodded shoving a mouthful of waffles into my mouth.
"That being said .. I'll let you borrow something from my closet" my eyes widened drastically at those words. She never lets anyone borrow her clothes. She must have been trying to cheer me up .. it worked

I grinned maniacally,"thank you so fucking much"I cheered as I jumped off my seat and bolted out of the kitchen heading the direction of her room.
"Just don't touch my purple furry coat !" She yelled after me ,"I will kill you if you do!"
••••
After carefully selecting my favourite clothes from my roommate's closet . I contently made my way down into the living room to see another nest haired roommate cuddled up on the couch .
"Our look nice ,"Rose complimented as soon as I came into view
"Thank you,"Vanessa answered for me as she made her way into the room as well... dressed in my clothes.
She smirked ,"what? You thought the deal was one sided,"she tied her long hair into a ponytail as she smiled,"nothing is free where I'm from."
"Ofcourse,"I sighed , shaking my head in disbelief . I turned to sleepy Rose,"you wanna come with us today?" I offered
"I would love to "she smiled but then it faltered when she then said,"but Jackson and I have a day planned for us. Maybe next time"
"It's okay"I told her and glanced at my phone ,"We should probably get going now V" I reported
She looked dumbfounded when she said,"you haven't even ordered an Uber yet"
"I have a friend to pick us up,"I told her and she squinted her eyes at me
"Who is this friend?" She asked
"Someone you know "I said , leading both of us put of our apartment and into the elevator . Soon enough we walked out of the lobby and toward a car already waiting for us
"You've got to be shitting me ,"Vanessa cursed as she saw Leone climb out of the designated car and walk up to us, giving me a warm hug before turning to Vanessa with a mischievous smirk.
"Short stack "she smirked as she shook his offered hand
His smile grew even wider as he said ,"hie there v .,and for the last time I'm an inch taller than you"he said through gritted teeth.
"Don't believe you," Vanessa mocked as she got into his car after he opened the door for both of us . Leone rolled his eyes and let her be. He got into his car , roaring the engine into action and off we went .
•••
The sight of the skyscraper as we parked made me nervous. One , because I was about to start a ne super life and two , there was a possibility of Hardin being there. I wasn't ready to face him nor did I want to . Just the thought of him made my heart ache and anger bubble. Regardless when Leone opened the door for us , I walked into the building. I went towards 5he familiar face by the reception and followed the usual procedure of identification and registration . Just as I did so , I couldn't help feel an uneasy feeling brewing in my gut. My eyes browsed the reception and found nothing nerve racking till my eyes locked with his. My breath hitched as I stared down at him. He didn't seem to be startled as he kept his gaze locked on mine . I couldn't read an emotion on his face. He looked neutral but the more I kept my focus on him the more I picked up the hurt sort of guilt in his eyes . He didn't even move as he just stayed fixated at his spot. He parted his lips as he began to move forward in my direction , as if he was eager to say something to me but stopped in his tracks. His eyes left mine as his gaze went over my shoulder . Just then ,i jerked a bit startled by the feeling of an arm swiftly making its way around my waist. I cranked my neck up and saw that it was Leone behind me .
|At least it just him|
He glanced at the man standing across me for a split second before he bent down and whispered into my ear,"I would love to watch this dramatic scenery ..but you have to be up there... Now"and then he let go off me but still stood behind me, as if he were a protective wall or something. I turned to look back at Hardin and I could see the fury fueling in his eyes as his glare shot daggers at me . Instead of proceeding towards me , he marched past me furiously nearly bumping into Vanessa who was right behind us. He didn't not turn back once.
|Ouch| I felt a terrible ache I'm my chest , the same I had felt the previous night .
"Rude much,"Vanessa snarled as she eyed him leaving,"dickhead."she muttered but I heard it very well.
This was not the time to break down , okay Syd?.
I took a deep breath , blinking my tears away and turned to my friends ,"let's get this day over with "I said shakily and walked with them into the elevator.
Moments later I stood in front of Adam's office door. I knocked and patiently waited for a reply and when I heard it , I walked into the room with Leone and Vanessa bickering in a hushed tone behind me .
"Hie" I greeted the man seating in the very comfortable looking chair.
He responded"hie there. Take a seat"he gestured toward the seat infront of him with a smile. I gladly took the opportunity and made myself comfortable whilst Leone went forward , ready to take the seat next to me when Adam interrupted,"how bout you stand ,"he requested and looked over to Vanessa,"let the pretty lady take it"
"Oh my fucking god you're Adam Kendler"she said in awe as she say in the chair
Leone rolled his eyes,"yeah no shit"
"Seriously Leone"Adam sighed as he stood from his seat . Leone smirked eyeing the other's chair and said
"Since you let her take my seat. How bout I take yours"he teased
"Not gonna happen Goldie locks"
"Goldie locks?" Vanessa asked trying to suppress laughter.
"He used to be completely blonde when he was younger . He looked like a girl."
"Interesting information"Vanessa nodded contently as she cocked her eyebrows at Leone
"You're no longer short stack,"she declared,"you're reinstated as Goldie locks "she laughed and I could tell Adam wanted to laugh but stopped himself when he said,"right . Let's get down to business "he went back to seriousness as he leaned forward on his table
"Today's intro day,"he stated,"here you have to answer questions given by interviewers. You can say what you want to and hold back what you want to as well. You're to be yourself. That's what people want from you. Just be real and comfortable" he summarized his pep talk
"Will try to do my best "I replied clenching and unclenching my fists repeatedly to calm my nerves.
"Are we allowed to be in the background?"Leone asked curiously
"Yeah ..sure Goldie locks" Adam chuckled
"Goldie over here and I will be with you ...just backstage"Vanessa reassured me.
I stood from my seat and exhaled loudly "let's get this shit on the road,"I said as Adam led us out of his office and to the room where the interviews were to take place.
Inside the large space were bright lights and loads of cameras surrounding a small couch that was supposed to be my seat, with over 7 staff members excluding Margot , loitering around.
"Good morning,"Margot greeted me with a smile as she embraced me .,"how are you?" She took a moment as her eyes lingered about my face,"you look tired"
"I'm drained "I admitted,"but still energized enough to go through with the interviews"I assured her
She took me by the arm and lead me to the dressing table,"great now let's begin" she placed her hands to her hips,"make up or no make up? Today's just about you"
"No make up,"I said sternly
"Okay... ,"She moved towards the racks of clothing and brought forward one rack of jeans ,"I know you aren't too fond of dresses so which do you want?"
I took a moment to browse through the options and spotted one of my liking . I took out the pair of boyfriend jeans and showed them to V ,"you like?"
"I love" she answered .
"What about that corset you wore last time?"Leone who was seated beside v suggested with a hidden smirk
"Nope" Vanessa answered for me .
Leone sighed,"the jeans are nice too"he admitted reluctantly.
"Okay then,"Margot went on to drag out a rack of t shirts and a variety of shirts ,"and for the top?"
I immediately fished out a top I liked - a simple black cropped hoodie .
"Well then ..let's get you ready and into the interviews" Margot clapped enthusiastically.
I looked around the spacious setting for that familiar face and my heart dropped when I couldn't spot him anywhere. Maybe he really meant what he said last night . My heart ached for him but at the same time because of him .Sighing ,defeated
, I followed Margot into the dressing room with a stinging pain in my heart. How could he not want to fix us?.
Hardin's pov
I sighed looking past the glass doors of the room I saw you head into . I didn't have the guts to come to you after what I did to you and that hurt like shit.
I just wanted to hold you and be with you but I couldn't and it was all my fault. I was such an asshole wasn't I?
I leaned against the wall as I watched you turn from the dressing table, eyes glazing the crowd as if searching for something, searching for me? Impossible ..not after what I did. You wouldn't want someone as tortured as I was.
Maybe it was right pushing you away. Maybe my obsession with you could finally die down and I can think straight again . It's funny how I want you but at the same time don't , because I'm afraid you'll sink with me . Maybe I made the right choice by punching you away , it would've ended badly , it always did.
_sigh_
I push myself off the wall and turn , heading back to my workspace. I didn't get the courage to talk to you after all..did I?
|It's not like she'll want you anyways, didnt you see her with Leone, son?| He voice, faint but distinct shot daggers into my chest with those words|he's a safer option| she told me.|he can treat her better. He always treats them better|
INSTAGRAM

TheLeone_R

♥liked by VaNessA 25090 othersTheLeone_R: @VaNessA and I made peace 😏

liked by VaNessA 25090 others
TheLeone_R: @VaNessA and I made peace 😏

[A\N - don't forget to leave a vote♥⭐]