15. Vanessa

Hardin and Sydney walked in comfortable silence as they searched for Sydney's best friend. Rose was working a shift so she couldn't come along. It was 603pm when they entered the arrivals column of the airport . It wasn't packed and there were a few people exiting the airport . Sydney's eyes scanned the crowd frantically in search for a familiar face.
"Looks like someone is excited to see Vanessa," Hardin stated ,his eyes focused on his phone
"How'd you know?"
"Well for starters,"he raised their interlocked hands,"you're squeezing the shit out of my hand and you eyes are everywhere"
"Ohh sorry," she patted his hand gently,"i can't help it . I'd really missed her . She wasn't around for 5 months." She wasn't there when Sydney had gotten her heart broken, wasn't there when she met Hardin, wasn't there when she had sex with man beside her, wasn't there when she nearly drowned to death, wasn't there when she found love again. Sydney herself was surprised by the amount of events that had happened in that small amount of time.
They continued walking till they found an unoccupied bench where they decided to wait.
" Did you umm...you know, did you tell her about ..us?"Hardin seemed a little nervous when he asked.
" I did...though i didn't tell her everything that happened," she answered calmly,"I've got a lot of explaining to do once she gets here."
"Oh. Okay" Hardin simply answered.
" Don't worry , she's not judgy" .
Hardin was more than relieved to hear those words because when they first told Rose about them being together , she wasn't the most supportive. Over time she stopped her negative judgement but he did catch her giving him the side eye once in a while .
|I guess she's just looking out for her friend| he always told himself.
Hopefully Vanessa wasn't the same. She cupped his cheeks , gently rubbing his skin with her thumbs," just chill out okay?" He snaked his hand around her neck and brought her close enough for a soft kiss.
"There are children around.  Get a room" Sydney quickly pulled away, startled by the voice .

"Shit" Sydney cursed as she turned to see her best friend sitting by the bench next to them,"you scared me! How long have u been sitting there?"
"Oh i missed you too," she stated sarcastically, nibbling at the chocolate bar in her hand,"and to answer your question, long enough to see the cupids circling around you,"she teased ,opening her arms invitingly,"oh c'mon gimme a hug. I know you missed me."
At those words , Sydney stood from her seat into her best friend's embrace, only then did she realized how much she'd actually missed her.
"I missed you so much V," she admitted pulling away from the hug
"Ofcouse you did" she winked then turned to Hardin," and you must be Hardin" she reached out a hand for Hardin and once he reached out his own, she suddenly pulled him in for a hug.
"If you hurt my best friend like that other dickhead dude then you are dead. Are we clear?" She whispered , squeezing his hand a little too tightly. Hardin quickly nodded as he pulled away from her grasps.
"Don't worry she won't kill you, she hasn't killed anyone ever" Sydney patted him on the head
"You don't know that "
"There aren't any bodies to prove it."
"Because I buried them," she chuckled,"And yes I'm kidding...sort of"
"Anyways, let's get your stuff and leave" Sydney said taking a hold of her smaller bag ,whilst Hardin took a hold of one of the two large suitcases and they exited the airport.
•••
"So V, how's your girlfriend?" Sydney broke the silence after a while of driving
"Who?" Vanessa asked dumfounded, from the backseat of Hardin's car.
"I think her name was  Nicole..."
"Oh!" Vanessa mouthed,"well.....turns out I'm not lesbian after all"
"Excuse me?"
"No as in i really liked her and all. She was great company but being with her made me realize.... i really like me some dick" she laughed.
Hardin nearly choked on the Starbucks drink he'd ordered when they had driven through a few minutes ago
"But we still cool though. She pretty cute, but I'm just not into that at the moment" she further explained," and what about you"  Hardin could see her wiggling her eyebrows at him through the mirror,"how'd you pull my best friend"
Hardin was quiet for a moment before he answered,"it just happened ... I guess"he shrugged
"Mmmmm okay. Just take care of her okay," she winked at him," and judging by your car you definitely rich. When you buy her something, buy me something too . We come as a package," she smiled cheekily.
"Seriously V?"
"I'm just kidding" she chuckled as they came to a halt Infront of their apartment.
"I guess I'll see you tomorrow babe" He smiled at her ,"I'll pick you up ."
"Okyyy" she smiled back and they both leaned in for a kiss when V placed her hand in-between them.
"Not on our property" she shook her head ,"Syd let's go home" she said as she opened the car door," I'll see you later Hardin" she grinned , waving at him.
"Bye" Syd waved as they rolled V's luggage onto the sidewalk
"Bye" Hardin replied and drove off.
"I like him ," Vanessa bumped shoulders with the younger,"i think he'll be good to you"
|Yeah, me too|
"Why is it so dark in here?" Vanessa asked as she entered the pitch black living room. She staggered across the room till she found the switch and turned on the lights ,"it looks exactly the way i left it ," she smiled as she breathed in the familiar honey scent.
"Where's Rose?" Sydney followed , pulling one of her suitcases behind her.
"Maybe in her room," Vanessa shrugged as she climbed up the short flight of stairs to the second floor where the bedrooms were situated. She could tell the light was on from the light sipping from beneath the door, "is she still dating Jackson?" Vanessa whispered to the person beside her
"Mhm,"she nodded.
"Do you think he's in there?"Vanessa whispered with her eyes wide open, pointing at the door
"That's for us to find out ," Sydney stated before opening the door.
"V!" Rose exclaimed jumping from her bed as soon as she saw her floating head leaning against the door.
"Rose!" She yelled back hugging her friend tightly,"long time no see "
"Too long"Rose smiled as she took a good look at her friend,  she was still the same .
"Well I'm glad to see you too ,"Sydney spoke sarcastically as she flopped onto Rose's bed
"You know i love you,"Rose scrunched her nose
"Sure you do,"Sydney shrugged.
"How are you guys?" Vanessa said , sitting next to Sydney,
"Been great,"Rose grinned like a child.,"you have you been."
"Been okay i guess.. i had missed y'all so freaking much,"she admitted," you my dear friend have a lot of explaining to do . Fill me up on the details," she poked Sydney's shoulders.
"Yeah," Rose agreed,"you haven't really told me anything even though we live together every day." She crossed her arms over her chest.
"Can you blame her though.... You are kinda judgy," Vanessa spoke, nervously scratching the back of her neck.
"Am not"
"Really?" Vanessa squinted her eyes at Rose.
"Okay maybe a little . But it's all in good judgement,"she defended
"Yeah whatever..So Syd... How did you end up with Mr filthy rich over there."
"He's not filthy rich," Sydney waved her hand
"He is filthy rich" Rose argued,"Have you seen  his car!?He works at freaking HYBE Labels.. friends with the boss"
"You for real?."Vanessa's eyes widened
"For reals , Syd told me earlier. He brought her to meet her boss,"
"It's not the money that's important people," Sydney interfered
"So how did you start dating him,"Vanessa placed her head on top of her folded arms as she laid on her stomach.
"Well you remember how i told y'all that Luca literally vanished,"it still hurt to even say it but she wasn't going to point that out.
They both nodded.
"Well after that ... Rose told me to ask Hardin if he knew where he was but he didn't. Then he came to my work place and even gave me a ride to Keisha's party. I was so drunk that night that i thought Luca was there so i went out to find him only to see that i was just imagining things , it was raining by the way. Out of literally nowhere Hardin came and took me home . Rose wasn't there so he stayed over . We started hanging out from there till one day we may have sorta made out , i lashed out on him and he got mad and left. Then i had an episode of sleep walking and almost drowned to death. Hardin and i made up and yeah....that rounds it up to today when  you saw us kiss at the airport." She spoke so fast that they couldn't keep track of all the words but quickly pieced it together.
"Wow" Rose mouthed , overwhelmed by the new information.
"Wow is right. You were out there living some kdrama alright."
"You have no idea," Sydney breathed out.
"How long ago was it when Luca disappeared?"Vanessa questioned.
"Almost four months ago,"she answered .
"Has he showed any signs of coming back though?" V further questioned
"No . He clearly left at his own will," Rose answered bitterly on her behalf
"Okay ..would you want him to come back?"
She shook her head,"no I've already suffered enough emotional damage. Things would never be the same anyway"
"How?"
"Simple. I have Hardin now. He was there to pick up the pieces "
"I think he really likes you. Judging from the way he looked at you," Vanessa stated from her recent observation.
"I hope so" sydney shrugged," oh and i left out one detail."she subtly changed topic," i got an offer to be a model for HYBE"
"You serious"Vanessa's eyes grew even wider
"Yes actually. They said i can have a test run tomorrow to see if i really want this"she informed
"Of Course you should say yes ! You've always talked about wanting something like this . Go for it,"she encouraged
"Hold on ," Rose , the more rational of the two interfered,"first check if the contract suits your needs. Don't rush into it if it ends up turning bad okay...let's see how tomorrow goes first okay"she reasoned
"Agreed"Sydney nodded
"Oh and by the way ... I'm sleeping in your room tonight,"Vanessa pointed at Rose
"Why?"
"Well i may have, sorta , kinda left my room a hell of a mess before I left ..so..yeah" she admitted getting more comfortable in her friend's bed.
"Why am I even surprised"Rape rolled her eyes,"fine you can stay."
"Thanks" she smiled
"Then I'mma stay too,"Sydney stated ," i also wanna sleep over"
"Fine" Rose simply agreed. Sometimes it felt as if she mothered two children

INSTAGRAM

I_am_Syd

♥15762 likesI_am_Syd : movie night ;) @VaNessA & @RosesAreRedView all 346 comments1hour ago

♥15762 likes
I_am_Syd : movie night ;) @VaNessA & @RosesAreRed
View all 346 comments
1hour ago

VaNessA

♥20567 likesVaNessA :  back :))View all 3012 comments6 hours ago

20567 likes
VaNessA :  back :))
View all 3012 comments
6 hours ago

♥20567 likesVaNessA :  back :))View all 3012 comments6 hours ago

♥19031 likes
VaNessA:..... (: Mooovvvviiieeee
View all 203 comments
2hours ago

RosesAreRed

♥15890 likesRosesAreRed: taken by @I_am_Syd <3333View all 299 comments1 hour ago

♥15890 likes
RosesAreRed: taken by @I_am_Syd <3333
View all 299 comments
1 hour ago

[A\N - don't forget to leave a vote♥]