34. Not over yet

Song recommendations for the chapter
Sorry - Halsey
Midnight rain - Taylor swift
Habits - Genevieve Stokes
Often - The weekend
See you later - Jenna Raine
Ghost of you - 5 Seconds Of Summer

|I failed to see it from the start and tore you open till the end|

Sydney's POV

"Talk to me . Please,"i heard him plead from behind me . I could feel the tears threatening to pour and i just couldn't control myself .

"I..i ruined everything,"i stuttered turning around to face him. My eyes locked with his and my guilt rose . His dark brown eyes were glazed with tears as he looked at me , he was hurt

"What?"he asked in confusion , his hands reaching for mine but i took a step back and only then did i realize that Leone had also followed me out here. He had the same hurt facial expression.

"I ruined your friendship with Hardin ,"i sniffled looking back and forth between Leone and Dayn.

I took a step back but he tightly grabbed my wrists,"let go , Dayn" i said , not looking into his eyes .

He didn't comply,"Syd,"he said angrily and i looked at him in the eyes ,"what do you mean?"

"Exactly what I said,"i shrugged

"You don't want to be friends with us anymore , Syd?" Leone asked and my heart ached at the saddened tone and look on his face . They were making it harder than what it was supposed to be.

A tear rolls down my cheek as i looked at him ,"i do..."

"So then what?!"Dayn exclaims angrily , running his hand through his hair .

I looked down at his hands still holding my wrists and caressed them softly , i sniffled , "i can't do this to you."

I watched his expression soften as he intertwined our fingers. I sighed ,"you guys have been friends for so long , family even . And i just came in between you and ruined everything."

Dayn shook his head frantically,"no , no ,no baby,"he said softly , wiping my tears stained cheeks with his thumbs ,"you didn't do anything. Hardin did "

"No ... I did. Because of me , he almost drowned himself. I got in between him and the only people he trusted - you guys. If i hadn't , he wouldn't have done that. I can't just shut my eyes on the fact that not only did i ruin your friendship but also pushed your friend to almost drown himself, I'm not that person"

"It's not your fault Sydney,"Leone said trying to convince me .

"He's a complicated person . His demons weigh him down and they control him. You had nothing to do with it ,"Dayn said

"I'm the reason you guys fought that night . It's all my fault and I'm trying to fix that , i need you to forget me"i sobbed.

"So you're going to throw away what we could've been?"Dayn asked in a voice barely audible and that pained me even more ,"i opened up to you , told you my dark past. I told you how I feel about you and put my trust into you and you want to throw that away? Why make me open up to you and walk away from me , from us?" He expressed his frustration and hurt 

I looked down guilty,"please try to understand me "

"I am trying but i want you to also understand how much you're hurting me here Syd"i could hear the straining of his voice

"You can hate me all you want now Dayn, i get it,"I sniffled ,"but in the near future when you're back to being happy with your best friend then you'll realize it'll be all worth it "