9 . Slept over

"If you need anything just let me know,"hardin said robotically
"Thank you", Sydney said quietly as she walked alongside Hardin into one of the bedrooms of his apartment.
"No need to thank me," he said with a small smile", I'll be in the next room if you need anything," he said turning for the door.
"Wait "Sydney called out, stopping him in his tracks.
"Yes?" He asked stepping back into the room.
"... "She fiddled with her fingers nervously," you don't have to go," she looked down and she spoke shyly.
"You want me to stay in here with you?" He questioned "what? Are you afraid of the dark or something?" He scoffed jokingly with a cheeky smile.
"Of course not", she laughed awkwardly.
"Then what is it?"
"I just don't want to be alone," Sydney' shifted from one foot to the other nervously, "and I really like your company so...." she brought out in almost a whisper.
|She likes MY company?|he exclaimed and his thoughts - those words brought  more internal Joy than she would ever know.
Hardin's pov
".. and I really like your company".
I don't know if my body malfunctioned or completely broke down because of those words I could feel blood rush to my already hot cheeks and I could hear my heartbeat quicken and my body went completely numb. Maybe she just said it's so I could stay or maybe she really did mean it.
"Y- you really mean it ?"
She nodded slowly
I'd always wondered what she look like when she slept - probably even more beautiful; how she felt snuggled in my arms - we'd fit so perfectly in each other's arms; how her body felt under mine- how amazing it would be if I were to just -
|Calm down|

3rd person's pov
"Okay, "he said trying to look calm, "I'll get you something to wear," he said abruptly before walking out of the room.
Sydney then alone, took a moment to absorb the environment around her :to take a good look at where Hardin resided.
|It's bigger than I expected|she thought to herself as she turned around in a full circle scanning the room. He lived in what she can only call her dream apartment.
The space was so large, not to mention expensive looking.
"What kind of job could he possibly work to live here", she mumbled to herself.
putting aside the luxury that it held, she immediately noticed that there weren't any pictures of him or anyone familiar, one, and two - it didn't seem like much of her home, rather just a fancy hotel.
|Maybe he's just not into photos|

She flopped onto the huge bed at the center of the room. Just as she did so, he re-entered the room holding a large piece of clothing.
"... I couldn't find anything.. feminine, "he said hesitantly as he stepped closer to the edge of the bed where's Sydney was seated, "so I hope this will do." Hardin handed her a large black long sleeve t-shirt.
"Thank you,"she wants against it from the bed, "I need a place to change though"
"The bathroom's over there," he pointed towards the door at the end of the room.
"Perfect, "Sydney said with a small smile, walking towards the bathroom, "I'll be back in a few minutes, "she notified before closing the door behind her.
Hardin's pov
After Sydney left to change, I made myself comfortable on the one side of the bed - the other was to be occupied by her. I still couldn't get my head around the fact that she wanted to sleep with me, well not with me but next to me. I began to change into some comfortable clothes I brought for myself and slid into the warm sheets of the bed. It was then after a few minutes that the door open revealing Sydney in just a shirt - just my shirt. Although it was oversized and not in any way sight, the cotton clothing carelessly tripped over her front outlined her plump chest. Her swift movement towards the bed only gave way to showcase her wide hips in motion. Her long beautiful curls were twisted and tied into a messy bun, her face even more beautiful than when she had her makeup on. I was too stunned to speak so I just stared.
3rd person's pov
"I'm back" she said quietly and she slipped beneath the covers into the space next to him - laying on her back, she stared at the ceiling blankly.
"Does the shirt fit - I mean..... is it okay?" Harden asked in a hushed tone also staring at the ceiling.
"Yeah it's fine," she said in response," and thanks, for you no - being there with me back there."
"All I did was stand there"he briefly glanced her way then quickly averted his gaze.
"And that was more than enough" she turned her back to him to cover up the newly formed tears due to recalling the events of earlier," and for all the other times you've been here too," she' sniffled," I just hope that I'm not bothering you in any way though. You must have had a lot of other things to do rather than witnessing my mental breakdowns"
Hardin turned himself so as to face Sydney's back
|Trust me , I'd rather be here than anywhere else|
"You don't bother me", he said shifting his arm over her shoulder, slithering his arms around her small figure. Sydney's cheeks began to heat up when she felt Hardin's hot breath against her neck and his arms coil around her - the feeling so new and exciting yet familiar, warm and alluring.
"I understand how you feel," he spoke into her ear as he placed his head on the crook of her neck," it's okay not to be okay sometimes, "he comforted her as his grasp around her tightened.
At those words her heart raced even quicker and her nerves were uneased. A new spark had ignited in both of them and as much as Sydney wanted to run away and hide from it, it's pull was much to alluring - she wanted to run towards it ,towards him. She just let herself sink into his strong comforting arms .
"And if anyone is to witness your mental breakdowns", he whispered, "then I'm glad it's me. I'm here,"
|And i always will|
"I'm glad it's you", Sydney whispered back as she slithered her hand on one of his and intertwined their fingers.
•••••
The sun's rays slicing through the curtains disturbed her from the best sleep she had in a while - it was just her laying on the large bed. - it couldn't have been just a dream, could it? - her conscience asked as she sleepily set up straight. - no it wasn't just a dream - she confirmed as she looked around the familiar room. She hadn't probably taken the time to look around and now that she did - she couldn't help but gape in awe at the paintings on the wall. Large and small frames decorated on wall, all in Blue and Gray.
He must really be into art; it interested her. She scanned the wall till she came across a particular one that caught her attention .It was sort of a sketch, sort of unfinished painting of a girl around 10 years. She was dressed in a small dress, blue maybe?, Sydney couldn't really tell. The adorable little girl had long, dark curly hair that was significantly similar to hers and her distinctly dark freckles were visible from her lightly shaded skin. Her big eyes showed a glimpse of infantile joy that was added over by her wide dimpled smile. She was seated on a bench surrounded by flowers & shrubs, and notepad visible by the corner of the frame. The site was quite familiar but then at the same time not so much . She felt like a complete stranger to the drawing yet all too familiar.
"Well - I think it's starting to get to my head", she facepalmed as she walked back to the bed where her eyes fell onto a neatly folded small pile of clothes by the corner of the bed with a sticky note attached to it.
For you
She read the note out loud.
The cheeky smile on her face only grew either as she waddled to the bathroom to shower.