27. Friends Night Out

Sydney sank comfortably in her seat, subconsciously listening to her friends order their foods.
They'd entered the food place a couple of minutes ago and Sydney was as good as gone because she was in her own world.
Her eyebrows furrowed deeply in concentration. Her tongue poked out of her lips as she slowly scrolled through her phone - particularly someone's Instagram page. She'd been discreetly doing so for the past 10 minutes and found herself browsing through pictures of more than 5 months back. She wouldn't call it stalking - she was simply admiring. Her eyes were glued to the screen as she kept going , she couldn't tell if she was blinking or not.
"Syd it's your turn to order," Rose spoke out slightly kicking the younger under the table.
Sydney , slightly startled,glanced at the menu then at Rose ,then managed a smile as she looked at the waiter who was patiently awaiting to take down her order.
"I'll have what rose ordered,"she shrugged, sinking back into her seat , her eyes fixated on her screen.
Rose discreetly nudged Vanessa who was seated between the two arching her eyebrows in Sydney's direction. Vanessa subtly glanced to Sydney and once she noticed how engrossed she was in what's on her phone, she couldn't help but become curious. Vanessa tilted her head slightly to see exactly what her friend was so concentrated on and once she did her eyes widened.
Sydney was completely oblivious to what was around her , that is until she had her phone literally yeeted away from her hands. Her eyes widened as she exclaimed,"hey!" Trying to reach for her phone but Vanessa handed it to Rose , who was too far away for her to reach , "give it back" she pleaded.
"Oh my fucking god,"Rose gasped once she saw what was on the younger's screen,"are you stalking his socials now?!" Rose teased as she handed the phone to Vanessa .
"You're totally stalking" Vanessa declared as she wiggled her eyebrows at her friend who just wished the ground would swallow her whole from embarrassment - she'd been caught in the act.
"I was not stalking" she tried to deny , feeling her cheeks heat up . She felt so flustered and judging by how they were cackling , they weren't going to let it go that easily.