°CHAPTER FOUR°

Abeg help me share!

°FOUR🌠

TOMIDE just knew he was in the kitchen mixing things to prepare a meal to celebrate his brother's employment, he did not know what he was mixing. It warmed his heart that things were going well for them, thrown out at the age of nine, running around the street so he and his brother could go to school after most of the homeless foundation sent them away. Tomide was able to take Nimi through school after his fathers brother had kicked them out of the house claiming Nimi was a thief. Tomide gave up on continuing his education after secondary school but still got an HND in business management.

As he worked in a restaurant as the cashier boy or at times the waiter, errand boy and a lot of menial jobs while going to school, so he could send his brother to one of the best schools in Nigeria. Tomide paused the video playing on his laptop, trying to understand the measuring gibberish Zeelicious foods was saying on YouTube. The diced the carrots, green peas, yellow, green and red pepper and some other ingredients sitting inside his nonstick pan and he knew he had done nonsense, he should have just ordered in or cooked the easiest meal, spaghetti and sauce but he wanted it to be special and memorable. Looking at the mixture he knew it would definitely be memorable, he continued his cooking trying not to get discouraged and keep his happy spirit as he fried the ingredients and checked the chicken he was grilling.

The food came out almost like a Zeelicious meal, fortunately, he didn't get discouraged but unfortunately it didn't taste as nice as it looked, too many seasonings and spices and most of the ingredients he had fried were hard but his family ate it with love and didn't fail to complain every minute they lifted a spoon.

"I'm so sure the restaurants next to us won't be bothered if we order a proper meal." Nimi said picking at the big diced carrot. "The carrots are too big."

Samuel, his best friend began to laugh. "But you are eating it. At least he tried for you."

"Thank you oh. See the person I'm trying to go out of my comfort zone for." Tomide rolled his eyes even though he wasn't offended. He was enjoying the banter because soon Nimi would be busy with office work, Sam would be traveling to PH for work and the house would be empty. They had started living together a little after Sam and Tomide met five years ago at a wedding where Tomide's boss then was hired. They bought their new apartment two years ago after Tomide had started his photography business on his own and luckily for him he was blessed through referrals from his boss and Latox.

Tomide popped open the wine bottle he had purchased purposely for the celebration. His brother's smile broadened as Tomide poured the wine into the cup and it warmed his heart to see.

"To many more achievements." Tomide chanted and they clicked their glass just as a mail notification chimed on his phone. Tomide opened it so fast that the fork in his plate fell on the table because he's been waiting for a reply from Adizza and two weeks have gone, three days have passed by and no reply but he sent a prayer of luck as he picked up his phone. Happy to see he got a reply from Adizza.

As he read the mail, he screamed out, poured more wine into his glass and drank it at a go as he stared at the message.

"Oh my God!" Sam said after grabbing Tomide's phone and reading it "This is good."

"What is that?" Nimi asked standing up to round the table and reading the message as well. "She replied. This is great. The shoot is tomorrow... This is wonderful bro, you deserve it." Nimi poured more wine and they drank it.

Tomide went to his laptop to check If the mail was still there after they had eaten and drove Sam to the airport. He kept staring at his screen screaming inside "Thank you God." Tomide stared at the message and a smile spread on his lips. He left his office in the four bedroom apartment they had bought from working their ass off. Samuel started as an intern in a big oil and gas company, landing the job as the Assistant Financial manager in his company. Tomide first worked under his boss than working along with Latox before he started his own photography business. They had gathered their money together and bought a four bedroom flat in Lekki phase 2 not an easy get but they were lucky after a year of living in a one bed apartment.

~~~~~~~

The shoot was faster than the last time and this time Tomide made sure everything was in place and extra batteries were available and near. Adizza was more impressed by how dedicated he was to the job than anyone she has seen. She was there on site, checking and observing and even made a joke of having extra batteries with her if he misbehaved. He looked around searching for the rude stylist from earlier but she wasn't present he was happy she wasn't present maybe that's why bad luck wasn't happening. He shook the thought of her showing up and spoiling the whole mood.

While his assistants packed up, he showed some of the pictures to Adizza and her assistant, feeling proud as they adored all the pictures he showed them giving sweet remarks. She sent her assistant to get something for her while they continued looking at other pictures.

"Didi wasn't lying when she said you have great talent." She said looking at the screen.

"Sorry?" He asked wondering why she mentioned someone else's name.

"Ohh.." She looked up "Diane my stylist, she told me the last time wasn't your fault and you are great at your work. She sent a picture you took of her and her sister's bump shoot." Adizza said smiling. Something inside Tomide turned with disbelief and little anger. Even though she had helped he wished Adizza had come back because he was worth a second chance not because of some annoying stylist feedback.

"Thank you." He said so anyways.

"I hope to work with you again." She shook his hand and walked away in the direction her group had left. Tomide walked to his assistants annoyed and silent.

He should have known but he didn't want to doubt himself. He was good and everyone knew it that's why he never had a free schedule, even people wanted him to take their wedding pictures. He got into the car, letting out a big scoff and Tony drove them back to the studio where they had another shoot.

I am good at what I do. No need for Diane a stylist to tell others. He said to himself even though the referral was great he let himself be blinded by his stubbornness of working hard for himself without anyone's help.

~~~~~~
How was this chapter? How are you enjoying the book so far?
Tomide finally knows her name. Why is he even angry? Shouldn't he be glad that someone helped him but who knows

Next update soon.

Media: Tomide (collage aesthetic)

Share! Comment! Follow!
Share especially and click on the star it's just down there waiting for you.